range when 5 occupants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is impossible to answer because you haven't provided enough details. The range is dependent on weather (range drops 25 percent in freezing temps), use of heat or AC, driving speeds, weight of the 5 passengers, and terrain.

What I do is I use EV Trip Planner (Google it) and set my vehicle as the Nissan Leaf Beta, starting point, and destination, and it estimates the energy use about 10-15 percent too high. 2019 E-Golf has about 31-32 kWh useable when brand new.

I see a pretty siginificant drop in efficiency when I've loaded up our family of four, with stuff in the trunk. Usually I'm at about 4.5 mi/kwh driving solo, and I see my average usage drop to somewhere around 3.7 mi/kwh when fully loaded. So maybe a 15-20% reduction in total range when fully loaded up?

That's completely anecdotal but a rough estimate of what throwing an extra 400-600 lbs of weight into your 3455 lbs E-Golf (2019 curb weight) will do.

got it. thanks for your reply.

ZeroMoon17 said:
I see a pretty siginificant drop in efficiency when I've loaded up our family of four, with stuff in the trunk. Usually I'm at about 4.5 mi/kwh driving solo, and I see my average usage drop to somewhere around 3.7 mi/kwh when fully loaded. So maybe a 15-20% reduction in total range when fully loaded up?

That's completely anecdotal but a rough estimate of what throwing an extra 400-600 lbs of weight into your 3455 lbs E-Golf (2019 curb weight) will do.

I drove ~30 mile round trip, ~80% freeway, keeping speeds under 65 with myself, wife, MIL, and our toddler. I got ~4.5 (temp ~95 degrees), running the A/C on and off. Performed a lot better than I expected.

Blackgolf said:
what is the range of 2019 model when loaded with 4 passengers? thanks.

2016golfse said:
This is impossible to answer because you haven't provided enough details. The range is dependent on weather (range drops 25 percent in freezing temps), use of heat or AC, driving speeds, weight of the 5 passengers, and terrain.

What I do is I use EV Trip Planner (Google it) and set my vehicle as the Nissan Leaf Beta, starting point, and destination, and it estimates the energy use about 10-15 percent too high. 2019 E-Golf has about 31-32 kWh useable when brand new.

3 of 4 Americans are overweight too, so the country you live in is a variable also.

Disclaimer: I am American.

Back