Any e-golf owners in Arizona?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sunflower said:
Spektre said:
sunflower said:
How is your e golf doing ? I just bought 2016 e golf 17,00 mil Im in Peoria Az

It's doing excellent. Pulled into work this AM with 50,380mi on the odometer, everything just humming along. Still love driving it every morning, hitting the limiter on the 51 trying to keep up with traffic! LOL, I hope that didn't summon JT...
any maintenance done so far ? ( change filter)

If you mean the cabin air filter, then yes. I've changed it twice. I can tell when I get into the car from that particular stale odor that it needs changing. I also purchased new tires earlier this year and have replaced the wiper blades

If you haven't done it, changing the cabin air filter literally takes one minute and the filters are cheap from Amazon.

Changed cabin filter. Super easy and air is so much fresher and seems more is pushed through vents.

Spektre said:
Just bought a used 2015 SEL Premium from California and had it transported here to Scottsdale.

Wondering if there were any other owners here in the Phoenix area, or elsewhere in AZ?

Hi all, and thanks for being a eGolf community. Nice to meet you all!
I am finalizing a purchase of a 16' SE eGolf tomorrow morning in Glendale.

The car has 21k miles, they said 21month/36kmiles left on drivetrain warranty.
It has one previous owner, it was a lease. The dealership is not a VW dealer.

My commute is from Bell/303 to 56th/101. It is 60 miles round trip. Am I going to be ok? Lul

Have been scouring these forums, trying to see if VW will actually cover a battery replacement should any of the degredation issues hit me. Anyone know?

Thanks again for any help!

Ihopethisworks said:
Hi all, and thanks for being a eGolf community. Nice to meet you all!
I am finalizing a purchase of a 16' SE eGolf tomorrow morning in Glendale.

The car has 21k miles, they said 21month/36kmiles left on drivetrain warranty.
It has one previous owner, it was a lease. The dealership is not a VW dealer.

My commute is from Bell/303 to 56th/101. It is 60 miles round trip. Am I going to be ok? Lul
How much are you buying it for?
I just bought a brand new 2019 e-Golf for $10K off the sticker and I'm going to get another $2500 Calif rebate, $7500 tax credit and $1000 Sce rebate. My out the door price with tax and license was $25.8K and I'll get $11K off that. The 2019 is a 125 mile per charge vehicle. I bought mine on the 4th of July but VW dealers are still giving this deal. I bought mine from Downtown LA VW.

My commute is 100 miles round trip and mine does this easily with over 30 miles to spare.

Here is a big thread on the deal a lot of people are getting.
https://slickdeals.net/f/13163326-21-000-off-msrp-2019-volkswagen-egolf-w-driver-s-assistance-package-125-mile-epa-range-final-price-10-000-13-500?v=1

The 2016 is only rated at 83 mile distance.

The car is 13k approx. With the loan its actually 249 x60 payments.

I think I will get the car and just find a job closer to my home. My job isnt great anyway, rather have a shorter commute.

I have already put down 1k to hold it. Which was stupid I guess.

The batteries are covered under the drivetrain warranty correct?

That is the key part imho

Ihopethisworks said:

I think I will get the car and just find a job closer to my home. My job isnt great anyway, rather have a shorter commute.

Welcome Ihopethisworks. Based on another post you made, I see you've picked up the car, correct? Congrats, as I think it's a brilliant car and I enjoy driving it every day.

The battery is actually covered under its own 8 year/100K mile warranty.

I have not found a single case of VW replacing the high-voltage/traction battery under warranty due to degradation - I think it's still a bit early for this, as there aren't that many high-mileage eGolfs out there YET. I believe I'll be approaching VW about this sometime in the coming year, as my battery has lost about 25% so far.

Spektre said:
Ihopethisworks said:

Welcome Ihopethisworks. Based on another post you made, I see you've picked up the car, correct? Congrats, as I think it's a brilliant car and I enjoy driving it every day.

The battery is actually covered under its own 8 year/100K mile warranty.

I have not found a single case of VW replacing the high-voltage/traction battery under warranty due to degradation - I think it's still a bit early for this, as there aren't that many high-mileage eGolfs out there YET. I believe I'll be approaching VW about this sometime in the coming year, as my battery has lost about 25% so far.

Not felt well past few days, because of air quality alerts here. Going in to finalize in a few hours.

If there is an 8yr warranty on the batteries, then all my worries are gone.

I cant wait, the car is so beautiful, its some gunmetal dark grey color. I have wanted a golf since highschool. Guess I had to wait 20yrs to make it happen ha. Have a jeep GC with the hemi, and cant wait to have a zero petro bill. So the limited distance is no issue for me, if I need long distance I can just drive the jeep, and putting only highway/roadtrip miles on it will be great for it, to keep the carbon cleaned out.

I am an avid mechanic, so while working on the golf will be doable I will not be able to mess with the drivetrain. But am reading there is no maintenance except brake fluid, so yay!!

Sooooo sick of the jeep upkeep, will be very happy to let it sit in the garage.

Ihopethisworks,

the EVSE you selected will work just fine. If it's chinese, and it breaks, you'll have no warranty coverage. If it's something like a emotorwerks or ClipperCreek,, you should have some warranty coverage. You might also just look on ebay for used EVSE chargers, maybe something that will do a 20 or 24 amp recharge rate, and save some money, by still buying American. Your choice. Or definitely get the 32 too 30 amp model if you see another bigger batteried electric car somewhere in your future.

Try to remember, driving fast in that e-Golf drains that battery a whole lot faster than you can recharge it.

I picked the car up. Am totally in love.

Car said 54 miles on battery when started. Turned off AC, changed to 63miles.

Drove home, pulled into driveway and it said 44miles left.

I actually drove 32miles to get home.

So yeah, far better than I assumed it would be.

Man, this thing is awesome! Love that max power at 1rpm haha

Thanks for all the help guys!

Spektre said:
gvblake22 said:
JoulesThief said:
Any VW dealership should be able to do the work.
I've contacted two dealerships in the Phoenix area and both said they do not have any technicians certified for the e-Golf and did not indicate that they would be willing to do work on it.

I got the same pushback when I first brought the car to AZ last June. I used the fact that I was bringing the car in to have Federal Recall fixed and that VW had an obligation to fix it. After contacting VW Customer Care, the service department miraculously changed its tune and scheduled me an appointment immediately. They actually had to bring in a tech from California to do the service.

I was told that it would not be a problem in the future, and that they would be training their techs to service EVs. This was at VW North Scottsdale.

Just saw another post on here from SEPT 2019, titled" Battery warrantied, but only servicable in 8 states" I'll quote below:

Then I called the N Scottsdale VW dealer service dept, and they said they can work on the car, but not the batteries.

Being told that the closest place to service batteries is Cali. I live in Pheonix AZ.

WTF, VW north scottsdale. Do you have any updates, Spektre???

mtbizzle said:
Spektre said:
gvblake22 said:
I've contacted two dealerships in the Phoenix area and both said they do not have any technicians certified for the e-Golf and did not indicate that they would be willing to do work on it.

I got the same pushback when I first brought the car to AZ last June. I used the fact that I was bringing the car in to have Federal Recall fixed and that VW had an obligation to fix it. After contacting VW Customer Care, the service department miraculously changed its tune and scheduled me an appointment immediately. They actually had to bring in a tech from California to do the service.

I was told that it would not be a problem in the future, and that they would be training their techs to service EVs. This was at VW North Scottsdale.

Just saw another post on here from SEPT 2019, titled" Battery warrantied, but only servicable in 8 states" I'll quote below:

Then I called the N Scottsdale VW dealer service dept, and they said they can work on the car, but not the batteries.

Being told that the closest place to service batteries is Cali. I live in Pheonix AZ.

WTF, VW north scottsdale. Do you have any updates, Spektre???

Hi mtb,

Yes it was me who said that. The vw dealership, on central bell, told me thst they wont touch eGolfs. They then said that only 8 states can service the batteries.

The south scottsdale dealership told me that they can service the entire car, except the battery.

I was not able to get to a live person when I called the north scottsdale dealer, but I am going to call them tomorrow and bleed them for answers.

None of this really matters much, because I am positive that within 1-2 years they will all be servicing the golfs because of the need to support/service the new vw electric vehicles which will be mass marketed. The probably just havent taken the eGolf seriously because it was meant for only select areas like the east coast. This will give us time, so that when we do start to run into issues they we will be set up to handle them.

Also, if your battery takes a crap right now and is covered under the 8yr/100k warranty, VW is going to be obligated to send your car from here in the Phx area to a servicable dealer in Cali. Yes, that means it would take longer to fix it, but you will likely be given a loaner car.

I recieved a 6yr warranty on my eGolf today(from Bill Luke Dodge/Chrysler on Camelback/I17) for only $12 per month added to my monthly payment. The warranty covers the 2016 eGolf for 6years(1.5yrs PAST the VW warranty). They told me there is no deductible as long as I bring it to them. If its something that only the vw dealer can do, they will transport it to them. They also said the warranty will replace the battery pack ONE time, and if it had to be sent to Cali to do it, they would cover the cost. None of these things are to cost me a penny. That being said, I have 30days to cancel the warranty, and am seriously considering it, because this 2016 is surpassing all my expectations leaving me quite worry free. And I am saying this as an avid mechanic.

If both vw, and this random dealership, are willing to offer battery replacement in the case of failure... its pretty obvious to me that they are very confident in them.

Edit: talked to N Scottsdale Vw dealer, ability to work on the whole car and even batteries confirmed. So ignore what the dealer at the middle of Bell said abouy only 8states. Dont even take your car there. You are WELCOME

Edit: talked to N Scottsdale Vw dealer, ability to work on the whole car and even batteries confirmed. So ignore what the dealer at the middle of Bell said abouy only 8states. Dont even take your car there. You are WELCOME

Haha, indeed, THANK YOU! Useful information for a valley egolf owner. Just started the purchase for my '17 SE today... :!:

You may the only one now. I am thinking of bringing my 2019 e golf to Tucson as I will work there. I am in SW PA and have 2019 SEL eGolf.

Back