Passenger climate changes to Eco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I searched and was unable to find an answer.
The climate on the 2019 e-golf is set to Sync, yet once in awhile the passenger side shows Eco instead of the set temperature.
Is this a feature built in, an error, or a setting I don't know about?

Thanks.

Just noticed the same exact behavior and was wondering what it means. Fortunately, it's all in the manual:

Your vehicle may be equipped with a seat-occupied recognition system, which controls the air conditioning in relation to the occupied seats to keep the energy consumption of the climate control system as efficient as possible.

The seat-occupied recognition system detects, through the safety belt status display, whether the safety belt for the front passenger seat is fastened or not. If the seat-occupied recognition system detects that the seat is not occupied, the air conditioning system for the front passenger seat switches to a mode that consumes less energy. The seat heating on the front passenger side also switches off.

Eco appears in the Infotainment system display and in the Climatronic display when the seat-occupied recognition system is active.

Hope this helps!

I have the opposite issue. It used to show Eco when there was no passenger. Now it still displays temp, which makes me think it’s noy in Eco mode. Anyway to activate Eco mode again for the unoccupied passenger side?

Another HVAC issue. ( Should I start a new thread?)
I dislike that the A/C defaults to On whenever I switch the recirculating air mode On. Sometimes I want to close vents without turning A/C on.
Anyone find any way to do this?
Of course one can always then turn the A/C off but I’d prefer for the A/C to default to Off unless I choose it to be On.

Thanks.

Do a search on HVAC 72 F setting Default value

https://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1904&p=17251&hilit=HVAC+72F+setting+default#p17251

Back