Getting 10K service on my '19 SE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everybody,

It is a little over 6 months & the car is needing a 10K service (asking for it). Since the car rolled off the line in Wolfsburg a year ago, anyone in the reading forum aware of any specific VW service bulletins/codes that I should direct the service techs to implement? Please advise & thank you for sharing.

Szyszka said:
How many miles do you actually have on the odometer?

7K, yes it is early. In a month there will be snow flying. want to get it over with. Also rear drivers side has a leak & the screen mirror is not working on the car with any device. Android Auto also drops constantly. I think it is a bad USB port.

Verbruggan said:
7K, yes it is early. In a month there will be snow flying. want to get it over with. Also rear drivers side has a leak & the screen mirror is not working on the car with any device. Android Auto also drops constantly. I think it is a bad USB port.

From what I remember, the 10k service is mostly inspection items. Take a look at the Warranty and Service Booklet; everything should be there. As for any TSB, I am not aware of any so sorry - no help here.

What's the leak you're talking about? :eek:

As for problems with Android Auto, be sure to test different cables. AA is known to be somehow selective with cables used. I am using Anker Powerline+ cables (USB-C to USB for Pixel 2 and Pixel 3) in both my GTI and e-Golf and have not encountered any issues. If you have already tried different cables, by all means have the dealer take a look at the port and/or the head unit itself. Good luck!

Szyszka said:
Verbruggan said:

From what I remember, the 10k service is mostly inspection items. Take a look at the Warranty and Service Booklet; everything should be there. As for any TSB, I am not aware of any so sorry - no help here.

What's the leak you're talking about? :eek:

As for problems with Android Auto, be sure to test different cables. AA is known to be somehow selective with cables used. I am using Anker Powerline+ cables (USB-C to USB for Pixel 2 and Pixel 3) in both my GTI and e-Golf and have not encountered any issues. If you have already tried different cables, by all means have the dealer take a look at the port and/or the head unit itself. Good luck!

So, yeah. The "leak" is/was the drivers side rear kept losing about 5 psi every 2 weeks & triggered the low pressure alarm.

The local VW dealer wanted me to bring my Samsung cables, but I have an aftermarket cable for my Galaxy S6 (yes, it is old. like me. so leave me alone on that one). AA will not stay connected to my S6 or my wife's J7. Even our sales rep cannot keep Android Auto to not drop even his phone.

So... The "Service" here is what went down...
Since I will be putting on my Hakkapelitta 9's in about 7 weeks, and the car had 7200 miles (correction from above), I said "do not rotate them." The did anyways... Because I said not to, they did not charge me... So my leaker tire is now drivers side front, to watch. As they submerged the tire off the car & no bubbles. They would not pop the bead clean the edges & reset/balance tire OR check for anything on the interior of the tire. This is a FAIL on their part. Oh & they depressurized the tires down to 35psi each.

As for Android Auto. They could not get my phone to connect with any cables I brought. Yet my sales reps phone connected to my car fine. "so it must not be the car" It is my old phone, apparently. FAIL.

Any software/firmware updates for the 2019 SE? Answer: No. There "are" for the 2018 though, but they got all vague.

The "complimentary charging" while servicing did not occur as: the 1 service bay with the charger was already occupied with another ICE VW with a different mechanic. So, no charging. FAIL.

Car got a car wash. & a rotation of tires that I did not ask for. Inspection timer/reminder reset. (I am going OBD11 that thing off permanently on my own).

Total cost: $25.00

Volkswagen, earning the name "Stealership" one by one, dealership by dealership, all independently owned. Gotta love it.

Back