Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eg2ff

My 2016 eGolf has ECOPIA 422Plus tires. Are these run flat, and ate there any other suggestions or thoughts?

1. No
2. Very low rolling resistance to maximize mileage between recharging. Not a performance tire, unless you consider how far you can go on a charge a measure of performance.

I've read bad things about these tires (not grippy enough) but to be honest I find them not bad at all. I have not driven them in rain yet, though and they are new, so we shall see...

coval said:
I've read bad things about these tires (not grippy enough) but to be honest I find them not bad at all. I have not driven them in rain yet, though and they are new, so we shall see...

Shouldn't ever be a problem, grippiness in the rain, if you use D1-D3 or B modes to do most of your slowing down. Would be a problem if you get on the throttle pedal hard at speeds under 35 mph, the motor will easily break them free.

I find the Ecopia tires perfectly fine in wet and even limited snow conditions IF driven carefully and conservatively. And if driving in limited snow and even icy conditions, I find the security of the regen modes for slowing and stopping more confidence inducing than driving my Alltrack. Obviously, if snow is deeper or I need to drive in mountains then 4WD is the better choice.

We are using Nokian Hakka R3 winter tires - they have excellent grip in ice and snow (and even on dry pavement). Best of all, they are equal to the Ecopia tires for rolling resistance.

Back