2019 eGolf Prices Paid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! What a deal, congrats! Lowest I've seen yet.

Lefix said:
Also just bought one this past weekend:

SE w/DAP - $33575
-$11000 mark off
-$500 new grad
-$500 VW partnership

$21575+TTL
-$7500 FED
-$2500 CA
-$3000 San Joaquin County Clean Air Initiative
-$800 PG&E

Total $10332.93 after TTL :eek: :lol:

egolfer2 said:
Hey All,

Just purchased a White 2019 E Golf SE W/ DAP (in Bay Area)!

Breakdown:
MSRP $33,575
Price Paid: $24,550 OTD
$22,075.00 Before TTL

Rebates:
Dealer incentive: $11,000.00 OFF MSRP.
VW Partner Program: $500.00
can you please share or pm which dealer you bought the car from? Thanks.

onandon said:
egolfer2 said:
Hey All,

Just purchased a White 2019 E Golf SE W/ DAP (in Bay Area)!

Breakdown:
MSRP $33,575
Price Paid: $24,550 OTD
$22,075.00 Before TTL

Rebates:
Dealer incentive: $11,000.00 OFF MSRP.
VW Partner Program: $500.00
can you please share or pm which dealer you bought the car from? Thanks.

Same here Can you please share or pm which dealer you bought the car from? Thanks.

Sorry for the ignorant question here, but do any of these massive dealer discounts ($9-11k) exist on the east coast?

I’m in NJ

cccmanhattan said:
Sorry for the ignorant question here, but do any of these massive dealer discounts ($9-11k) exist on the east coast?

I’m in NJ

Early reports on the SlickDeals forum suggest that the incentive has ended and dealers no longer offer that big of a discount. Someone reported only up 8,500 (versus 11,000 - 11,500) off the price right now.

On October 29th, 2019 VW modified the Model Year 2020 announcement originally made on August 6th, to indicate that they pulled the e-Golf and that it will no longer be offered for the 2020 model year. They had already gone through EPA certification for 2020 and it still appears on the fueleconomy.gov web site.

So, it appears that they have reduced the incentives on the 2019 as of November 1st also.

https://media.vw.com/releases/1186

cccmanhattan said:

I’m in NJ
Yes, I bought an eGolf at Trend Motors NJ for 24k in July 2019.

LoicNJ said:
cccmanhattan said:

I’m in NJ
Yes, I bought an eGolf at Trend Motors NJ for 24k in July 2019.

Interesting. I might have to trade my 2015 so I have a higher powered base for my performance build.

Also, can someone explain the federal tax credit to me? All the math above is taking all tax credits as if you get 100% of the face value on it, but isn't it a credit against your declared taxable income? Meaning the actual benefit is only the % of that income that would be paying in tax?

cccmanhattan said:
Also, can someone explain the federal tax credit to me? All the math above is taking all tax credits as if you get 100% of the face value on it, but isn't it a credit against your declared taxable income? Meaning the actual benefit is only the % of that income that would be paying in tax?

See this:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9355247-Considering-a-2016-eGolf-thoughts-and-questions&p=113817271&viewfull=1#post113817271

and this:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9355247-Considering-a-2016-eGolf-thoughts-and-questions&p=113826861&viewfull=1#post113826861

Federal tax credit: Assume the car gets $7500 tax credit. If for a given tax year you owe at least $7500 for the year, you can reduce the amount you need to pay by $7500. This has nothing to do with taxable income, it is all about the money you owe in taxes.

f1geek said:
Federal tax credit: Assume the car gets $7500 tax credit. If for a given tax year you owe at least $7500 for the year, you can reduce the amount you need to pay by $7500. This has nothing to do with taxable income, it is all about the money you owe in taxes.
The credit is good against your tax liability for any amount up to the $7500. If your liability is $3000, you can use that much of the credit only and it does not roll over to the next year.

I bought an e-Golf SEL new three weeks ago (end of Oct'19) The SEL lists lists at $39,800 and bought it for the 'taxable price' of of $27,750 if I signed on for VW credit, which I did. Here in New York state we get an additional credit of $2k and so there was only a few hundred beyond the price of $27,750. I paid $3k deposit down to buy and believe I can pay off the lVW credit loan in 3 months. I felt pretty good about that. If i have this right, with the Fed discount next year I believe it will be around $21K for this amazing car - love it.

ASnewbi said:
I bought an e-Golf SEL new three weeks ago (end of Oct'19) The SEL lists lists at $39,800 and bought it for the 'taxable price' of of $27,750 if I signed on for VW credit, which I did. Here in New York state we get an additional credit of $2k and so there was only a few hundred beyond the price of $27,750. I paid $3k deposit down to buy and believe I can pay off the lVW credit loan in 3 months. I felt pretty good about that. If i have this right, with the Fed discount next year I believe it will be around $21K for this amazing car - love it.

Curious as to what your indicated range is on the Guess O Meter on a full charge?

I just bought a 2019 SEL in the Seattle Area for a selling price of 30k (9,925 off MSRP) + 1,500 (Fees, Title, Tax) = $31,500

After incentives (7,500 FTC + Wash State 2,500 ST Rebate) = $21,500 approximately.

VW Financed @ 4.6% - Dealer was transparent and requested I make 4 payments before refinance.

Dealer has one SEL remaining and no SEs in inventory.

Feel free to PM me if someone wants the exact quote.

I'm sure they'd offer the same deal to anyone else. As they are just trying to move the inventory.

Thanks and Good Hunting.

I bought an eGolf SEL the week before Thanksgiving. I could not get a good price in NJ and the best price I got was $30.5k from Mohegan Lake VW in NY. This was a good buying experience. The only additional cost was the registration where they exactly billed me what they paid when they received the plates.

I am located in los Angeles California. There are only SEL models left in the market. In my current market, there are close to 70 SELs. However, Northern California, they have over 190 SELs in their inventory. Basically, they are giving only 7-8k off the MSRP. I believe the SEL's options (Leather seat, Parking Sensor, and Digital Cockpit) justify 6k price increase from SE models. I am in the market for an Egolf. I don't really care for SEL, however that is the only model exists. The November & December incentives were not as good as the incentives earlier this year. I just can't imagine what they are going to do with that much of inventory. The lease amount is about $500 per month and its only 7500 miles per year.

I am just hoping the incentives in January would get better. I am just hoping. Let me know if you have gotten better pricing than i have.

thanks

Back