Found my battery's aging %, seems low -- or is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought 2016 eGolf with 47000 km
My values are - Max Energy content - 19500 Wh
SOH_P and SOH_Q are 84%
Is this ok for 2016 eGolf?

I'm not exactly sure what the SOH numbers mean, but assuming .89 of 24.2 kWh is the original net capacity of 21.5 kWh, you have 19.5/21.5=91% of the original usable capacity. At 47,000 km, I think this is decent. Based on what I've read about lithium ion battery degradation, the rate could slow down over time, but I haven't seen a whole lot of 2016 e-Golf data. Enjoy!

In other MQB petrol cars these parameters are used for the 12V battery:
ENG106155-ENG118436 EM_prcSoh-SOH_P
ENG106155-ENG118435 EM_prcSoh-SOH_Q
So I would assume in the e-golf they are also for the 12V battery. Can anyone confirm this?

I can not confirm it, but it is certainly possible these values refer to the 12 V battery. If you want to determine the state of health of your high voltage battery pack, then a functional test is the best way to get that information.

f1geek said:
I can not confirm it, but it is certainly possible these values refer to the 12 V battery. If you want to determine the state of health of your high voltage battery pack, then a functional test is the best way to get that information.

There's another parameter you can look at too and that's the KWh capacity of the pack after fully charged. Mine with ~5K miles was (IIRC) 31060
watt hrs. I should pull my #'s again as I'm at 13K miles now.

Back