"Bluetooth could not be switched on"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solarEV

Phones used to connect to my 2019 e-Golf, but now they won't. Pressing phone on screen results in this message "Telephone is not available". The set-up menu gives the message "Bluetooth could not be switched on". phones don't work when connected via lightning cable either. I also see the message "App-Connect" You can activate the function using an activation key. Please contact your dealer." I reset the system to factory settings via the menu. Are there any other things to try before taking it in to the dealer?

Maybe you should try rebooting the infotainment system. Press and hold the infotainment power button for about 10 to 15 seconds until you see the system reboot. This usually works to fix any charge timer issues I’ve had so maybe it will work for Bluetooth. Best of luck!

Update: I took the car to the dealer and they had to replace the “5F” module that has the Bluetooth transceiver. Fortunately it was under warranty.

Back