Used 2016 e-Golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epibone

Looking to buying a used 2016 e-Golf. Looking for opinions on the matter. Is it worth it? Is the mileage still good usually?

Also is there a way you can you charge it starting at 10pm?

Only you can decide if it is worth it as I don’t know how much it would cost you. If you live someplace cold, get the SEL (has heat pump). Yes, you can set a charge timer in the car’s infotainment system. I would suggest your EV range is at least 1.5 times your typical daily commute. So, probably less than 40 miles round trip for a daily commute for this car, especially in the winter.

I'd also recommend making sure you get a 2016 with the DC Fast charger equiped (option on the SE, and standard on the SEL). Even if you never use the DCFC, it upgrades your onboard charger from a 3.6 kW unit to a 7.2 meaning you'll charge twice as fast at a level 2 charger than if you didn't have it. I love my 2016 and I find it a very affordable way to get into EV's. I paid $14500 for mine with 29k miles on it certified pre-owned two years ago. Good luck on your hunt!

Back