Both 2019 SE key fobs are not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of sudden, both my key fobs are not registering in the car and i had to manually override by placing the key fob next to the steering column. This happened when i inadvertently placed one of my key fobs in my jacket on the back seat of the car and the car complained it could not locate a key in the vicinity. I immediately moved the key closer but the car would not recognize the key that point on. And the other fob also got "deregistered".

Any ideas? I can't imagine both my key fobs' batteries went out at the same time and the car never complained of low battery in the key fob.

Yes, i just changed out the batteries on both the fobs and everything is now working ok. It was just strange both fobs stopped working at the same time. Does the car give any warning as the fob battery gets weaker?

The car is supposed to warn about a failing fob battery (says manual), but clearly it doesn’t work too well. I also had a fob battery die with no indication from the car.

Back