EZ Pass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacks

I have an EZ Pass transponder that I have always kept velcroed to my front windshield for tolls. From reading the manual, it looks like this is not a good idea because of the metallic infrared-reflecting coating. Manual seems to say that the area at the rearview mirror is not an appropriate placement spot for the EZ Pass either. Where can I set it and forget it?

I put mine above and to the right of the rear view mirror. It works fine and is very much out of the way.

By the way, I'm in NJ and there is a "green" ezpass that gives you 10% off. It isn't much but I got it. Then I found out it is even less than that: you only get the 10% off during non-peak hours! Peak hours are all weekend and morning and evening rush hour during the week. It is a difficult discount to get!

I didn't see that in the manual. Hmmm. I'll have to look that up. I wonder what the issue is. They can provide an ezpass tag that bolts to the front of the car at the license plate.

The area with the black pattern right next to the mirror is specifically for things like EZ-Pass. Its where we put ours, and it works fine. When I last looked, the manual specifically said that was the place to put it.

rjnerd is correct, I guess I found the manual wording to be confusing. Received an e-mail back from VW and they said that dark patterned area is the intended area for EZ Pass.

Mine goes in the glove compartment or center armrest. But, mostly in the center console. All my cars, I have always placed it there. Never had one issue with a missed toll.

I thought the Dark Pattern area is the FM antenna - something placed there could affect FM reception.
Where in the manual (page#) does it refer to placing EZ-PASS on the FM antenna ?

Back