Lowering springs install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s4alex

So, I got a new e-Golf because I didn't want to deal with a used car issues.. I just wanted something that works.

WELLL..... I couldn't let things well enough alone.. first thing on the list is to get rid of that wheel gap.

Here are some pictures.. before and after shorts..

Side - Before

Side - After

Looks good. Ill have coils coming in shortly and LED taillights. I'm wondering how bringing it down a bit more will affect the mileage... You notice anything?

OnePerfectDose said:
Looks good. Ill have coils coming in shortly and LED taillights. I'm wondering how bringing it down a bit more will affect the mileage... You notice anything?

I have only driven the car about 4 miles since I put the springs on. :(

I dropped it back off at the dealer to take care of a faulty window regulator and a weird radio issue. I really haven't gotten to play yet. Hoping to get the car back this week.

So, after about 1000+ miles on the lowering springs, here are my thoughts:

Range:
At first I lost like 15%.. sucked... then I realized that I did not do an alignment. Got an alignment done and got the range back. At this point, my range is about the exact same as before I lowered it.

Handling:
SOOO much better. Body roll is reduced so much.

Ride:
About the same. It is a little more jolting during bumps, but not by much. Clearance has been noticed when going down steeper driveways. At the garage where I park when I am in the city, the parking for EV is on a lifted ledge, I scrape with driving on or off.

Wife:
Haven't told her and she hasn't noticed.

Looks:
Looks great to me. Not completely noticeable, but noticeably better. HOWEVER, with the wheel gap reduced, you definitely need to get spacers for the tires if you don't go aftermarket wheels. Those are next on my list. Maybe.

I too want to know. Eibach seems to lower the rear 1.8" and the front 1" which seems the best. H&R springs are 1" front and rear. The rear wheel gap is definitely greater and leaning towards Eibach just because of the fact they lower the rears further.

Well, my lease is about over and I am going to be taking off my springs to put back on the OEM springs.

Springs have about 18k on them.

If anyone in the Bay Area is interested, make decent offer and they could be yours.

Oh yeah, they are Eibachs. I got mine directly from Germany, so not the US model.

https://www.amazon.com/Eibach-E10-85-041-01-22-Pro-Kit-15-16-Volkswagen/dp/B01K9KF474

I didnt get them from there, but thats them.

Eibach springs Pro-Kit Volkswagen Golf VII (5G1) 30/20mm
Car: Volkswagen
Model: Golf VII (5G1)
Type: e-Golf
Built: 02.14 -
Drop front: 30mm
Drop rear: 20mm

Front axle load: 970kg
Rear axle load: 1040kg

So, after 3 1/2 years... the springs are now coming off.

After almost 30k of driving, what are my impressions?

Well.. pros.. everything that come with lowering. Better handling and looks.

cons.. well, it scraped and had a weird issue with the door getting out of alignment. I guess that weight of the batteries causes the issue. Also had a little scraping problem when charging at a garage in the city. The charger is on a raised platform type cement thing and the and ramp is too sharp so I scrape a bit getting on there.

no issues: range. didnt see a difference. I drive mainly highway.. so I get the 70-80 mile range all the time. before and after.

BomBoi said:
how much were you thinking to sell the springs for? i just saw that tirerack has springs for egolf now

less than what they have em listed for...

how about 25 off what they have it . no tax.. no shipping..

DC is just up the road.

Back