Does this sound OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snook13

Black SEL E-Golf
$1999 out the door
$289 per month.

Good deal or can I do better?

Thanks guys.

snook13 said:
Black SEL E-Golf
$1999 out the door
$289 per month.

Good deal or can I do better?

Thanks guys.

You can do better. This is over $12K total cost. (35 payments + out the door)

I just did $9,000 total cost on a 7,500 mi/yr 36month SEL. 10,000 mi/yr is only $300-400 more....

Pick a target around this...tell them you will buy if they hit it, and stick to it.

Silver SEL with black interior
12000 miles per year
$4888 out the door
$173 per month (inclusive of all taxes etc)

does that look good to you ?

thx!

A

Is that in California? We get a $2,500 rebate on 30 month or longer leases and that would make that into a good deal. Just $8616 over 3 years.

If not in California, I'm not sure if that's a good deal.

PMC2015 said:
Is that in California? We get a $2,500 rebate on 30 month or longer leases and that would make that into a good deal. Just $8616 over 3 years.

If not in California, I'm not sure if that's a good deal.

You can get a better deal than that in California, excluding the $2500 CVRP rebate. If the OP is in the LA area, both VW Santa Monica and sister dealership Pacific VW of Hawthorne are offering on remaining 2015 eGolf SEL's $179 x 36, $2349 down, plus tax/license. So $8793 + tax/license total out of pocket, down to $6293 + tax/license after CVRP rebate. It includes 7500 miles/year, 20 cents per excess mile.

snook13 said:
Silver SEL with black interior
12000 miles per year
$4888 out the door
$173 per month (inclusive of all taxes etc)

Put as little down as possible on a lease. The reason for that is if the VW leases are worded like the Nissan ones, as a condition of free gap insurance you will not get any remaining positive equity left, so essentially any money you put down on the car is gone should the car be an insurance write-off.

If you live in California, try to go for the $2500 out the door down payment, which will be reimbursed by the CVRP rebate. It will up your payment to a bit over $241 a month but at least you're preserving your cash in the short-term.

I'd like to thank stretch here. I used his $9k total payment lease as my goal and got it today. $1000 total initial payment, $229/mo for an SEL in NJ. 7500 miles/yr. Cap cost was $28.xxx so either VW really stepped up or the dealer took it in the shorts. If you are a current VW leaser, there's a $2k incentive but i was not.

Went through VW's site last night and asked for quotes from 5 dealers. Was in my e-golf by 3:30.

mfennell said:
I'd like to thank stretch here. I used his $9k total payment lease as my goal and got it today. $1000 total initial payment, $229/mo for an SEL in NJ. 7500 miles/yr. Cap cost was $28.xxx so either VW really stepped up or the dealer took it in the shorts. If you are a current VW leaser, there's a $2k incentive but i was not.

Went through VW's site last night and asked for quotes from 5 dealers. Was in my e-golf by 3:30.

Was that a 2015 or a 2016?

Thanks!

Ooops. 2015. I haven't seen any 2016s in stock. The new infotainment system looks pretty nice on the 2016s (surprised at how bad it is on my car) but I doubt they'll be quite as negotiable, at least at first.

mfennell said:
Ooops. 2015. I haven't seen any 2016s in stock. The new infotainment system looks pretty nice on the 2016s (surprised at how bad it is on my car) but I doubt they'll be quite as negotiable, at least at first.

OK, thanks. Out here in CA (Bay Area), the 2015s are quickly dwindling, and there is a decent amount of 2016 inventory. But yes, might take a month or two before they start getting more aggressive on the deals.

Back