2015 eGolf w/ 100 miles doesn't charge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffc

2015 eGolf - 100 miles. I have charged it twice successfully ... once on 110 charger at home, 2nd time at ChargePoint station at work.

Problem charging 2nd time at work ChargePoint station. Activate ChargePoint, Plug in (tried w/ car locked & unlocked), the charging light goes through following sequence Green (pulsing), Yellow (solid), Green, Yellow, Green, Yellow (3 times) and then turns flashing Red. ChargePoint indicates care disconnect/stopped charging session.

Follow-up - Same behavior at VW dealer w/ Bosch charger & ChargePoint - car issue (not a charger issue)

Thanks,
Geoff

Update on charging issue. 2015 eGolf (2 days and ~100 miles) is at Minuteman VW for replacement of a 'list of parts' (they didn't give the details of what they are replacing). I will update the group on precisely what the problem was & what they replaced after I pick it up.

Geoff

geoffc said:
Update on charging issue. 2015 eGolf (2 days and ~100 miles) is at Minuteman VW for replacement of a 'list of parts' (they didn't give the details of what they are replacing). I will update the group on precisely what the problem was & what they replaced after I pick it up.

Geoff

Thanks for the info.

VW replaced charger (took a week to get the part) ... of course under warranty. Labor was noted as ~3 hours total ... so not a huge job.

Geoff

Back