Current Incentives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been searching on VW's site as I recalled a mention of 30 days of ICE rental use per year and chargepoint card access, but I can't seem to find out more information beyond that.

Can any eGolf owners chime in on any incentives that were offered around charging and/or ICE rentals?

There is a chargepoint card in the welcome package. However, nothing special about it, as you still have to pay at stations that require it.
No ICE rental.
There is, however, the incentive that if you run out of juice within 100 miles of home, they will pick you up and take your car to the nearest charge station, as well as a taxi to take you home.

Hey in2insight,

I thought that the Chargepoint card allowed you free access to the electricity, is this not the case?

EV4NYC said:
Hey in2insight,

I thought that the Chargepoint card allowed you free access to the electricity, is this not the case?

When I activated the card online, a credit card was required. The salesperson confirmed that stations that required payment would not be free.
Of course, there is still so much that no one really knows about...

When I signed up for Chargepoint, I've asked the same questions. They said the stations themselves are owned by the person/business/city etc. that did the installation, and they can charge any amount (or offer it free) as they choose. When you go on the Chargepoint website on the left you can click to select/unselect "free" or "fees apply" to filter the stations accordingly. As I understand around 70% of the stations on the Charpoint network are free.

Hope this helps.

ICE rentals are offered in Europe so you're not wrong about it, except it is not part of the US incentives.

Part (but not all) of the VW CarNet app will remain free for 3 years (ICE cars get 6 months free, then have to pay; e-Golf owner have to pay as well after 6 months if they want to keep the entire App functionality; but if they opt out, they will remain access to the charging functionality for 3 years).

Unlimited towing in 100 mile range if you run out of juice was already mentioned.

Main incentives IMO are tax related: $7,500 IRS rebate + applicable State + Applicable Local + Applicable Utility company rebates (in our Case $7,500 + $2,000 (PA) + $0 + $150 = $9,650)

I just took delivery of mine in MA and got the following:
$7,500 federal rebate absorbed by the dealer into the lease deal
$2,500 state rebate to be issued as a check to me. Approval took less than 24 hours but pool of cash is limited, so first come, first served.
Towing to home if out of juice within 100 miles of home
Chargepoint key fob tags in documents pack, but it's free to sign up anyway. Fees for usage set by individual charger owner as stated elsewhere.
6 months / 3 years Car Net although I have to go back to the dealer to get this activated as there was a problem at collection.
3 months Sirius if that's an incentive. I'm hoping that there's a way to continue with the traffic only.

GadgetGav said:
I just took delivery of mine in MA and got the following:
$7,500 federal rebate absorbed by the dealer into the lease deal
$2,500 state rebate to be issued as a check to me. Approval took less than 24 hours but pool of cash is limited, so first come, first served.
Towing to home if out of juice within 100 miles of home

We just signed the paperwork for ours, delivery in a day or so. Where do we go to apply for the state rebate?

Since we want the EV plate, its going to take an extra day to get the thing.

We bought our E-Golf earlier this month. We got $2,500.00 through the Massachusetts MOR-EV program, and yes the dollars are limited so file as soon as you buy the car. As we paid cash, we will also get $7,500.00 off our federal taxes, not a deduction, but off the bottom line next year.

Loving this machine.

Many people don't realize it's UP to 7500. You have to owe at least 7500 in taxes to get the full amount, otherwise you get only the taxes owed

Ron

Back