VW lease price is $299 per month

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LAeGolf, it looks like they took down the offer from the VW site.
Do you know if it is anywhere else?

It looks like they temporarily redid all their "specials" for Black Friday, but they all end on December 1 (today). My guess is a "new" set of offers will be posted tomorrow that will probably run thru Jan. 1 (this is just a guess on my part but we will see in a day or two).

However, if you go to a specific dealer website, like Santa Monica or Pasadena it will still show on their home page; again with "offer ends 12/01/14" --- but with the end of the year coming up I'm sure they will offer the same lease for December.

http://www.volkswagensantamonica.com/
or
http://www.volkswagenpasadena.com/

I got a lease price of $331/mo with 5k down. I opted for 0 down and got $481/mo instead. This was the sticker price minus the $7,500 incentive and minus another $2,000 of the dealer coming down on the price.
In Maryland, there's also a $3,000 tax credit, which you get whether you buy or lease, but it says "while funds last". I applied.. hopefully the funds are there!

I'm super stoked!!!

Just closed a deal in south NJ for a 36 month lease @12,000mi, $2,000 down, $257mo.

Picking it up next Monday

Ggggio said:
I'm super stoked!!!

Just closed a deal in south NJ for a 36 month lease @12,000mi, $2,000 down, $257mo.

How did you do that? Please let us know the details!

Got my e-Golf this weekend, $1,000 total out-the-door + 35 payments of $383/month (including tax, which in Los Angeles is 9%).
So $1,000 + 35 x $383 = $14,405 total cost over 3 years. (10,000 miles/year)

Edmunds.com has a great certificate online (put in ZIP 90024) $1,483 off MSRP. Between Edmunds and TrueCar I must have contacted a dozen different dealerships online. It seems the further you go from the center of LA the better deal you get. The best offers came from Neftin VW (Thousand Oaks), Community VW (Santa Maria), Perry VW (San Luis Obispo), and City Chevrolet-Volkswagen (San Diego).

I also found that MSRP (or savings off of that) have very little to do with the final payment. When I mentioned the Edmunds $1,483 certificate to one dealer, he said sure, we'll match that, then said the payment will be $452 per month.

I'd recommend just focusing on the total 3 year cost, for me I told everyone that I want $1,000 out-the-door, then just compared the monthly payments.

Cars.com shows 56 e-Golfs within 150 miles of LA -- with only 9 days left in the year, there should be some negotiating room.

Let me know if you have any questions.

AgentEG said:
Ggggio said:
I'm super stoked!!!

How did you do that? Please let us know the details!

I went for a test drive before Thanksgiving and explained I was looking to buy/lease at the end of March 2015.
The quote I was given is what I believed to be the nationally advertised, after seeing the prices people pay on the left coast I'm not so sure that was the right assumption, of 2000 down, 299 per month with 12K mi/year.
I emailed the two nearest dealerships to my zip code, giving them the terms I had been offered by one of them, explaining that if they had more advantageous terms I wished to be notified.
The dealership where I test drove never offered anything better but the other responded with a 279/mo 2000 down for 12K, the catch was that I needed to take possession of the car before 12/31/2014.
I replied I would only take it now for 259/mo.
Initially they told me that was a misquote but they would honor it regardless, that gave it away that they were blowing smoke up my butt so I let a couple of days go by and went back to them with a "so do you want to sell this car before year end? if so let's do the 259/mo, otherwise merry Christmas and happy new year" that was hook, line and sinker!

I went back to the first dealership and explained what deal I was offered and the salesperson, really nice guy, told me they could surely beat that.
I wasn't out to be a total jackass so I explained I would be happy with him matching the deal and the handshake we had for the originally intended March sale would be honored: he beat it anyway...by $2 ;) .

...and here we are.

I'm very surprised at how quickly the e-Golf sells and what people are charged out west and, conversely, at the fact the car I test drove in November is still sitting in the lot.

I even thought it might be worth to lease here and ship west: has anyone thought about that?

EV4NYC said:
Hey Ggggio,

That is an excellent deal can I call your sales guy?

While I cannot promise you will get as good a deal as mine, I can guarantee you that Damon will do his best to help you out.

Damon Ross 856 629-9200

Edited to add:
I personally have no affiliation with, nor incentive to promote this dealership whatsoever, apart from my neighbor having worked there as a mechanic and being friends with Damon.
Lease is signed and I will pick it up on Monday, they're getting the color I want from another dealership, not the one I was also dealing with through email.
When asked why they struggled to move these cars, I was told they've been shipping a lot of them out west, where they sell like hot cakes, the reason being the east coast public fears the lack of infrastructure outside the urban areas.

I live in MD but drove to NJ to get the color I wanted. I got $279/month with $2349 down (plus tax & tags) for a 12k mile/36 month lease.

Love the car!

Did you ask your local dealer if he could get the color from another dealer? When I picked up my Limestone gray which took two weeks from signing the order, I found papers showing it had been delivered to another dealer earlier

I think the dealers have a system for trading cars to meet a customer requirement

Ron

Yes, I'm still eligible for the MD refund because the car is registered and titled in MD.

It took me 13 hours to get home (about 210 miles). I did 55-65 the entire time..it was not a fun drive.

I was told dealers must sell their first white E-Golf before they can get another color. There were no other E-golfs available and they wouldn't pay to get it shipped down from NJ...even if I paid for the shipping. I know, it doesn't make sense.

Negotiated a final price of $244.80/month tax included for 3 years 10000 miles/year in Massachusetts. $3220 down and the $7500 tax credit
:D

Got my blue E-Golf last week 3 year lease $2700 down 15k lease at $342 a month. Im in Southern California
The car is topping my expectations, it drives great.

Downside
Cost of Level 2 charger for home
car-net app=its seems buggy, my car stopped charging last night (lucky i didnt trade my prius)

Just wanted to share the deal I got...

Leased a night blue on black eGolf. 36 months, 10K miles per year (more than I will ever need).

$2500 drive off and 35 payments of $287 including all dmv fees, taxes, etc.

Subtract the $2500 CA refund and I'm looking at a total cost of $10045 to have this car for 3 years. Pretty amazing!

jables said:
Just wanted to share the deal I got...

Leased a night blue on black eGolf. 36 months, 10K miles per year (more than I will ever need).

$2500 drive off and 35 payments of $287 including all dmv fees, taxes, etc.

@jables - Where was this?

Back