"Current Range" when turn off e-golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeslip

Hi All,

New 2016 E-Golf owner here. I have one question. When I turn off the engine, the center console (the infotainment system) displays a message showing the "current range". This number is always vastly lower than every where else the range is displayed (including the small display behind the steering wheel).

For example, after a full charge, the range behind the steering wheel says "94 mi". If I immediately turn off the engine, the infotainment center displays a pop up message that says "Current Range 58 mi".

What is the difference between these numbers? Do others see the same effect?

I'm guessing that's a change for 2016. My 2015 just tells me not to forget my cellphone when I turn off..!
Don't know why there would be such a big difference in the numbers though - that doesn't seem to make sense.

I'm curious too. It's somewhat disconcerting to see that number so much lower than what's otherwise posted as the range. And why the blue bar chart?

In my limited forays into the lower half of the battery gauge, the regularly posted range number seen while driving seems to be accurate enough. I don't worry about the shut down number.

I have a been checking my range each time I exited the car since Monday and have not noticed any variations. I've checked at least ten times and the two ranges have always matched. I also have the 2016 model.

Mine does the same thing. Not sure why it would not just show that all the time. In all honesty i don't understand most of it yet, other that the fuel tank gauge. I was messing with it a little today, so far i miss the ford focus sync system, as bad as it was it would run circles around this so far. When i stop it would tell me how many kw i used on that trip. that way when i do the same trip every day i could see if i am using more or less. i could take different routes and compare the usage. I also had an app on my phone that would let me remote into the car. i could see if it is charging, how long it would take to charge with what ever it was using to charge from. I could turn the ac or heater on. I would think there is a way to do some of this just have not found them yet, if anyone has info please let me know.

Thanks

I assumed that the "current range" indicated would be what can be expected under maximum load.

Back