Current Lease Deals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Just lease a 2016 Golf E. Leased it for $225 and wrote a check for $905 that included the 1st payment and the wear warranty. Just applied for the CA rebate which after the $905 I paid will leave me enough to pay the 1st 7 months of the lease payments. Trying to get a close to a free car as i can. This is our 2nd electric car, i will be returning the Focus in the next week.

After a lot of research total payments of $6500 for 3yr, 36k miles, on a se is pretty standard,
I got $3500 down ( including all taxes fees) -$2500 credit , and $134/mo, san diego, comes out to , $5824 total payments

pretty similar to OP arrangement, but more money upfront. I like the OPs deal better.

When you negotiate the lease deal, focus on the Dealer Selling Price. Then, you can freely adjust the customer cash up-front vs. monthly payment with little difference in total cost. The problem is that dealers like to play games with the numbers.

miimura said:
When you negotiate the lease deal, focus on the Dealer Selling Price. Then, you can freely adjust the customer cash up-front vs. monthly payment with little difference in total cost. The problem is that dealers like to play games with the numbers.
I agree with your overall points but I think the "real problem" is that the dealers like to point out the incentives as if they're giving them out.
I found them very reluctant to deal on price because multiple people stated, "you're getting it way below MSRP (or invoice, or even cost, all of which are probably "true" statements but it's not the dealership making it happen).

The only way I was able to shave the price was by bringing an actual quote with a $25K selling price from another dealership and work down from there with the incentives and even there I wasn't able to bring in an even lower quote from a different dealership as the deal was finalizing. The first dealership I was working with, Mossy in Escondido and SD, flat out said they were "all in" and wouldn't go down another 1K to finalize the deal closer to home.

We were able to get Murrieta to close with $0 down, $199 per month, and that's including 10K miles and the extended lease coverage. Already had a rock chip our JSW *and* our beetle after only living out in the desert for a few months so the chances of the eGolf not getting nailed are slim to none. Although now that we bought the coverage I doubt anything will happen to it! Our friend leases a Jetta and someone put a softball sized dent in the rear quarter panel and her husband is flipping out. We also have a baby on the way and number two will come shortly after with both being within the lease window. I think we paid about $600 bucks for the extended coverage.

We'll end up paying $6965 over the span of the lease, should receive the $2500 soon (bringing the total out of pocket down to $4465). Add about $500 bucks in taxes to that. We have a residual of $11K, which is tempting me to purchase the vehicle outright when the lease expires depending on value and what else is out there.

Back