JUST GOT MY CALIFORNIA REBATE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out I'm getting my $2500 rebate from the State of California on my newly leased eGolf. They said it would take about 30 days for approval and that's exactly what it took. The application process is extremely onerous and actually took me several hours based on the limited materials I had and their bureaucratic requirements. But it's all good. If you're in California and bought or leased one be sure to take advantage of this rebate. It's not a tax credit it's an actual check for $2500. Sweet!

Now if I could only get into the car and not have to turn off the air conditioner every single time. Also why the eff does the radio have to be on for the phone to work and don't even get me started on the stupid iPhone plug and the worst navigation system ever...

Congrats on both of you. I'm about 3 weeks since submission of the HOV stickers, and still have not yet received. A quick check of my bank account confirms they haven't cashed the $8 check yet so they might be backed up a bit.

Got my HOV stickers about 2 weeks ago. It took 6 weeks to get them. My check was cashed the day before I received the stickers.

I'm not ordering the stickers, I'm barely on the freeway in this car and the mileage at high speeds makes me nervous. I'm staying on surface streets.

I figured the stickers would still be nice to have, especially during rush hour driving times.

But yeah, the acceleration at highway speeds for the e-Golf isn't great. But that's not why we got this car, right? :)

From the articles I've read online (since I don't have any equipment to do any real measurements), the acceleration times measured were approximately:

0-30mph : ~2.5-3s (Woo-hoo!)
0-60mph : ~9-10s
0-80mph : ~17s (which is just about when it hits 1/4 mile as well)

45-65mpg : ~5.5s

30-50mph : ~4s
50-70mph : ~6.5s
70-80mpg : ~4s

60-0 Stopping Distance: ~120 ft

I didn't see any articles give the time it took to reach max speed of 85-87mph on the e-Golf in Normal Mode. ;)

eGolfeGirl said:
Now if I could only get into the car and not have to turn off the air conditioner every single time.

When I turn off the A/C it stays off when I restart the car. Yes, the temp goes to 72 but the A/C is still off. And that's how I've used it most of the time. It will obviously change once summer really gets started here in LA :-/

Purchased my e-Golf on 4/19 and immediately filed my application for the CA rebate. I finally got an email today saying that it was approved, so it took just over 3 weeks for it to get approved. Just have to wait for the check to be issued and mailed.

I still haven't gotten my plates yet so I'm waiting on them to apply for the HOV stickers. I don't do a ton of freeway driving here in LA but it will be nice to have the option of hopping into that lane alone if I find myself in gridlock freeway traffic.

Leased my eGolf on Friday 7/24, and I applied for it online that weekend. I got an email notification on the 30th saying it was approved. I got a second email notification on Wednesday the 19th that the check was sent out. The check showed up last Friday :D

According to my entry in my financial app, my rebate for the Leaf which I got in early January 2013 took 6 weeks.

Bought my e-golf SEL on Oct 6th, 2015. Filed all my paperwork for the $2500 rebate on Oct 7th, after closing hours. Will update and edit as I learn more.

Edit: Confirmed with email on Oct 8th they received my application for rebate. Kind of feels like the State of CA is giving me all my sales tax money back on the car, about the same amount I had to pay in.

Edit: Confirmed approved, Thursday, Oct 14th. Now to wait for notice they mailed the check. Tick, tock.

JoulesThief said:
Bought my e-golf SEL on Oct 6th, 2015. Filed all my paperwork for the $2500 rebate on Oct 7th, after closing hours. Will update and edit as I learn more.

Edit: Confirmed with email on Oct 8th they received my application for rebate. Kind of feels like the State of CA is giving me all my sales tax money back on the car, about the same amount I had to pay in.

Edit: Confirmed approved, Thursday, Oct 14th. Now to wait for notice they mailed the check. Tick, tock.

Edit: Received email on 11-6-15 that my check was mailed today.

JoulesThief said:
JoulesThief said:

Edit: Received email on 11-6-15 that my check was mailed today.

Edit: Check received on 11-7-15 in the mail.

to add to the data:

Applied: Oct 17
Approved: Oct 20
Check Mailed: Dec 5
Funds in account: Today :D

Thanks for the date estimates -- it helps me from forgetting, so I can put something on my calendar once I apply... which I should do soon! ;)

Paperwork submitted: Nov 17
Approved: Nov 25
Check Mailed: Dec 16
Funds in account: Dec 21

Sent application for HOV stickers: Nov 30
Check cashed: Dec 22
Stickers: ?

Oddly enough, my paperwork submission and check received is exactly as EVchemist.

Paperwork submitted: Nov 17 (submitted electronically)
Approved: Nov 25
Check Mailed: Dec 16
Funds in account: Dec 21

Stickers: Got same day I picked up the car. Looks like dealer did all the leg work (Dirito Bros in Walnut Creek, CA)

2015-12-19: Filed application electronically
2016-01-09: Application approved
2016-01-22: Check mailed
2016-01-25: Check arrived

Stickers: Dealer already had them when I picked up the car.

2015-12-22: Filed application electronically
2016-01-14: Application approved
2016-02-03: Check mailed
2016-02-08: Check arrived

Stickers: Still don't have :(

forbin404 said:
2015-12-22: Filed application electronically
2016-01-14: Application approved
2016-02-03: Check mailed
2016-02-08: Check arrived

Stickers: Still don't have :(

If the check's been cashed, your stickers are likely already in the mail. You might even get them by Saturday.

Back