2016 eGolf SEL lease deal for Bay Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cachehit

I'm considering to lease a 2016 SEL eGolf with 3-year and 7500miles/year term. There are still insufficient inventories (e.g., for blue color) in February, and I don't think the current deal is as good as last year.

What total lease amount (down payment + entire monthly payment - $2500 CA rebate) would be a deal for you? If the total lease amount is around $8000, it seems pretty good. As of now, all the deals that I got quotes are more than $10,000.

If you recent leased 2016 SEL, especially in Northern California, your information would be appreicated!

cachehit said:
I'm considering to lease a 2016 SEL eGolf with 3-year and 7500miles/year term. There are still insufficient inventories (e.g., for blue color) in February, and I don't think the current deal is as good as last year.

What total lease amount (down payment + entire monthly payment - $2500 CA rebate) would be a deal for you? If the total lease amount is around $8000, it seems pretty good. As of now, all the deals that I got quotes are more than $10,000.

If you recent leased 2016 SEL, especially in Northern California, your information would be appreicated!
Keep trying, that's a bad number.
Get it at $8000 or Less OTD, and then add rebates. So around $5500 after rebates.

I know the stock is low, but that doesn't mean you overpay for your e-golf.

In fact, Sunnyvale VW has a golf for close this price

http://www.sunnyvalevw.com/E-Golf
$4909 + T&L = 6809
$79 /month 36 months

That's $9500 Total Payments before $2500 rebate. and $7000 after rebate

cachehit said:
Thanks for the input. But that number is for 2016 SE, not SEL :)
Oh DOH! I didn't notice the SEL.

Then ok, 10k is a good price for a SEL.
THOUGH, I believe a SE wtih the Fast Charging Kit would be as good as an SEL.

I can't remember what differences the SEL has besides the Charging kit. (And Steering Wheel Controls)

forbin404 said:
cachehit said:
Thanks for the input. But that number is for 2016 SE, not SEL :)
Oh DOH! I didn't notice the SEL.

Then ok, 10k is a good price for a SEL.
THOUGH, I believe a SE wtih the Fast Charging Kit would be as good as an SEL.

I can't remember what differences the SEL has besides the Charging kit. (And Steering Wheel Controls)

LED headlights, leatherette seats, heat pump, trim lighting inside the door sill, etc. Get a 2016 catalog at your local dealership to compare.

I found the info at the dealer incomplete and confusing, so I created this handy-dandy cheat sheet:

https://spaces.hightail.com/space/yZm8Z

You're right that inventory is low right now, but so is demand, especially for certain colors. Check my thread on this:

http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=725

My gut tells me they won't be receiving significant inventory until March or April. By that time we could be looking at the 2016.5 models that have self-park, collision detection, and gesture control. So, something to consider if these features are important to you.

Price wise, in December I was seeing $259/month (not including tax) + zero down, so that's $9k total. CA rebate takes it down to $6500. I'd bet you can get that or better right now, especially if you're not picky on color. VW really let the cat out of the bag by announcing the 2017 models will have better range.

From what I see the $1500 VW Conquest rebate expired a few days ago. It seems to have been replaced by a $500 rebate through Feb 29. I would expect the deals available to negatively correlate with that recent change.

Back