2016 Sales for VW e-Golfs in the USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/
For 2016

Jan: 328
Feb: 198
Mar: 86
Apr: 326

johnnylingo said:
Interesting they're on a downward trend while almost everyone else is up.
I parked next to a Mercedes B250 e. I think that's the first time I've even seen this car before (I usually see Teslas everywhere and even a Fiskar)

And it had it's white stickers...waaaa (haha)

August 2016 sales have been posted. Figures courtesy of InsideEVs.

2016 Summary:
May: 269
Jun: 248
Jul: 344
Aug: 454

That makes August a 57% increase over the average for the first 7 months. Not bad. I think it helps that the 2017 model is the same as the 2016 and they are currently trying to clear the inventory of 2016's.

Cars.com shows the following inventory:
Northern California: 556
Southern California: 328
Nationwide Total: 1,017

I think it says something about VW's selling strategy when there are only 133 cars (13% of total) outside of a 200 mile radius of San Francisco and Los Angeles.

miimura said:
August 2016 sales have been posted. Figures courtesy of InsideEVs.

2016 Summary:

That makes August a 57% increase over the average for the first 7 months. Not bad. I think it helps that the 2017 model is the same as the 2016 and they are currently trying to clear the inventory of 2016's.

Cars.com shows the following inventory:
Northern California: 556
Southern California: 328
Nationwide Total: 1,017

I think it says something about VW's selling strategy when there are only 133 cars (13% of total) outside of a 200 mile radius of San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Wondering if they need more carbon credits in the state of CA vs the other 49 states? Incentives?

Perhaps, but it can't be ignored that we have dense cities, fairly robust charging infrastructure, a relatively affluent customer base, green-thinking/conservationist population/policies, and mild weather (except in fringe cities). All of those things would be conducive to increased EV sales, too.

September 2016 sales have been posted. Figures courtesy of InsideEVs.

2016 Summary:
Sep: 529

That's a nice string of consecutive increases through the third quarter, more than doubling since the June result.

According to Cars.com, there are 777 new e-Golf vehicles on USA dealer lots on October 3, 2016.

miimura said:
September 2016 sales have been posted. Figures courtesy of InsideEVs.

2016 Summary:
Sep: 529

That's a nice string of consecutive increases through the third quarter, more than doubling since the June result.

According to Cars.com, there are 777 new e-Golf vehicles on USA dealer lots on October 3, 2016.

750-800 sold for October would be a nice new record breaking number. We will see what happens. I am seeing e-Golfs a lot more frequently in my area now, they aren't quite as rare as a year ago.

Definitely seeing more e-Golfs on the road in Silicon Valley. It used to be one a week, now it's usually one a day.

But really, everyone is trending steady or up with one exception: BMW's i3. It will be interesting to see if their numbers recover once the dealers start dealing rather than asking for full MSRP on the 2017 models. Other than the fanboys, I don't know who'd pay $50k for an EV with 120 miles range.

evSalesChart.png

Here in LA I can hardly see any eGolfs. Maybe they're all selling up north...

rieuk said:

Go drive between Santa Monica and Malibu, just past the pier, on Pacific Coast Highway. If you can park near a free charger, you'll see one. If you look for the "C" shaped LED drivers lights, you'll see plenty. I see them quite frequently now, without even looking for them, and I recharge as much as possible in my garage, at home, I don't like using public chargers. They are in such poor shape.

VW e-Golfs are getting more common.

rieuk said:

You're not looking hard enough. I've seen 4 or 5 just within 5 miles of my neighborhood, including two that are identical in color to mine. A sixth one used to live down the street from me but has since moved to an unknown location.

RonDawg said:
rieuk said:

You're not looking hard enough. I've seen 4 or 5 just within 5 miles of my neighborhood, including two that are identical in color to mine. A sixth one used to live down the street from me but has since moved to an unknown location.
What color was exterior and interior.

JoulesThief said:
RonDawg said:
rieuk said:

What color was exterior and interior.

The one down the street from me? It was Reflex Silver, presumably with a black interior.

Mine and the two others like it are Pacific Blue with the black interior.

Back