Change oil now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I brought it in, and the tech I dropped it off with told me the car does indeed have oil, I go inside to arrange for a shuttle, tell the service manager what the issue was, he leaves, comes back, and tells me he reset the notification because the car indeed does not have oil. Volkswagen, great cars, useless people.

It has gear box oil. It doesn't need changing. It has radiator coolant in it too. To cool the motor and transmission. Read your owner's manual, and the warranty and recommended service intervals booklet too.

JoulesThief said:
It has gear box oil. It doesn't need changing. It has radiator coolant in it too. To cool the motor and transmission. Read your owner's manual, and the warranty and recommended service intervals booklet too.

Thank you for the useless comment that isn't helpful in any way, this thread is clearly referring to engine oil, as was the VW tech and the VW service notification. Please do not comment further to me as they are always passive aggressive and not useful in any way.

shawner123 said:
JoulesThief said:

Thank you for the useless comment that isn't helpful in any way, this thread is clearly referring to engine oil, as was the VW tech and the VW service notification. Please do not comment further to me as they are always passive aggressive and not useful in any way.

After reviewing the majority of your posts, it appears that a VW e-Golf is too complex a product for your operational skills. Sell it and move on, since this is the last time you are dealing with VW and it's product.

JoulesThief said:
shawner123 said:
JoulesThief said:

After reviewing the majority of your posts, it appears that a VW e-Golf is too complex a product for your operational skills. Sell it and move on, since this is the last time you are dealing with VW and it's product.

Every issue that I've had with the car has been due to a malfunction with the car, all of your responses are to read the manual, you had no actual working knowledge of this car or Volkswagen and are the VW equivalent of an Apple Fanboy who will defend a product to the end despite issues that the rest of us are trying to resolve or make others aware of. I was just involved in a three car accident in my e-golf, the dash said "airbag" deployed yet the airbag didn't deploy, let me guess this is my fault or not reading the manual despite the fact that I read it after I got the car, just like when the dash said "change oil now" despite the fact that the car does not require oil changes, once again, your comments are as only just a touch less useless than Volkswagen when it comes to this car.

Here's my contribution to this post.
Here's what I got in the mail this week. Haha

Capture0626.JPG

forbin404 said:
Here's my contribution to this post.
Here's what I got in the mail this week. Haha

Capture0626.JPG

I would call them up and ask how much it is for the 0 cylinder models? :lol:

I would call them up and ask how much it is for the 0 cylinder models? :lol:
According to official service shedule clutch unit liquid (asa well as brake fluid) needs to be changed after 3 years from registration and every 2 years after that regardless of mileage. I have changed clutch unit liqid for my E-Golf 2019 today (mileage 50000km). Two outcomes : old liquid was totally black and there was a lack of it from the factory ! just 500ml instead of 850ml. I used G 052 527 A2 LIQUI MOLY.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 21.01.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 21.01.21.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 21.01.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-11 at 21.01.11.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
According to official service shedule clutch unit liquid (asa well as brake fluid) needs to be changed after 3 years from registration and every 2 years after that regardless of mileage. I have changed clutch unit liqid for my E-Golf 2019 today (mileage 50000km). Two outcomes : old liquid was totally black and there was a lack of it from the factory ! just 500ml instead of 850ml. I used G 052 527 A2 LIQUI MOLY.
e-Golf doesn't have a clutch, though it does have brake fluid. Use a brake fluid tester to check water content of brake fluid. If there's an issue, change the fluid, otherwise, I think every 2 years is overkill. I haven't changed the brake fluid on my e-Golf for 4 years and the fluid is fine.

I think perhaps you don't have the all-electric e-Golf, but rather an internal combustion model.

Back