Driver assistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nathanh said:
Verkehr said:
preilly44 said:
Does your SEL with DA have adaptive cruise control? I still haven't read the manual for mine but I don't think it has Adaptive Cruise Control. I'd be really happy if it did though! Let me know when you get it.
Here's the $395 option straight from the VW configurator:

$395 MSRP
Driver Assistance

This package offers driver confidence in the form of features like Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist) and Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist) to help put you more comfortably and confidently in the driver’s seat.

Newbie question: can you post a link to the configurator?

Using the normal VW USA web site, I can choose a SEL model, with the package already included. Or I can choose the SE model, which doesn't have the package and doesn't offer the option to add it.

Though I would like adaptive cruise control (and maybe it will be offered on the 2017 models and maybe those will be available by the time I need the car, in January), even the existing set of features is worth $400 to me.
Here it is: http://www.vw.com/models/e-golf/trims/2016/sel-premium-trim/edit/tab/options/

Thanks for the link. I read the original topic too quickly, and didn't realize one needed to pay $7k over the price of the SE to get it!

I was hoping that for $4 or 500 one could get it on the SE.

Maybe the 2017 will make it possible to get the Driver Assist on the SE model for a uncharge less than 6.5k + 500.

[/quote]Here it is: http://www.vw.com/models/e-golf/trims/2016/sel-premium-trim/edit/tab/options/[/quote]

nathanh said:
Thanks for the link. I read the original topic too quickly, and didn't realize one needed to pay $7k over the price of the SE to get it!

Maybe the 2017 will make it possible to get the Driver Assist on the SE model for a uncharge less than 6.5k + 500.
Forget about it. That is not how option packages work in the automotive industry. You have to get up to a certain trim level for these technology packages to even be available. In the case of the e-Golf you must start from SEL to get Driver Assistance. There will be no significant (if any) change for 2017.

miimura said:
nathanh said:

Forget about it. That is not how option packages work in the automotive industry. You have to get up to a certain trim level for these technology packages to even be available. In the case of the e-Golf you must start from SEL to get Driver Assistance. There will be no significant (if any) change for 2017.

That's unfortunate. My buddy has the SE GTI and it was an option on that without nearly that premium.

nathanh said:
miimura said:
nathanh said:

That's unfortunate. My buddy has the SE GTI and it was an option on that without nearly that premium.
That is true, but the even lower S trim on the Golf and GTI also prevents you from ordering the Driver Assistance Package.

Back