Infotainment problems. Screen turned white.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDegolf

Hey guys. I turned my car on and didn't see my backup camera view on the screen. I then proceeded to drive and my screen turned white. It didn't just turn white, but it acted like it was melting from black to white. I turned off and on the car and it did the same thing. I took it to the dealership and will report back when I hear something. I got a loaner car. Fortunately I took a video of the white screen and emailed it to them.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have a 2016 e-Golf SE with 7000 miles.

I had this happen once about a month into having the car.

Power cycling the head unit didn't do anything and turning the car off didn't do anything (the screen stayed on in that melted looking stage throughout). I finally just went home and went to bed and hoped it didn't ruin anything. It was fine in the morning and hasn't done it since.

I'm curious if the dealership finds anything.
I'm waiting until I get about five issues stacked up before I make the trek into the closest dealership.

Last week my screen did not white out, it just went black (after a 10 minute stop at the grocery) no matter which button was pressed. It was quite warm but not crazy hot outside.
This was only the screen, the radio kept playing, could be turned on and off and when turning off the radio the usual clock did not show as well.

I stopped, turned the whole car on and off without effect and was going to take it to the dealer next day. But next morning, the screen behaved totally normal and has not shown any strange symptoms since.

I will watch it. Maybe just a strange glitch.

The dealer didn't replace anything but did say there was a radio software update they did during the recall update they did.

I haven't had a repeat of the white screen so I won't know what, if anything, "fixed" it if it doesn't come back.

I don't know what updates they did, I don't have the paperwork in front of me.

Back