California $2,500 Rebates are Gone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am certainly no Hydrogen proponent, but the fuel cost is a non-issue these days because the automakers are including $15,000 worth of fuel at no additional cost on these early leases.

I just read this article:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/California-approves-new-round-of-clean-energy-car-9196199.php

So looks like it was approved?

Fully approved last weds and signed on Thurs.

Once the Governor and the Comittees pre-agreed, it was a shoe in to pass.

Yes, it passed, but it's only $133 million. That is not long term funding. I really wish that they would permanently assign a funding source that can be allocated for multiple years.

Also, for applications received on or after November 1, 2016, the income limit is $300k joint and $150k single, down from $500k joint and $250k single.

No, you'll be the second owner. The real question is whether you can extend your lease and claim it.

Someone I know and who is active on some plug-in vehicle forums (albeit not this one) leased a Leaf for 24 months, because the deal he got was better than the 36 month deals being offered in his area, even after the $2500 rebate was factored in. Near the end of that lease, he got an offer from NMAC allowing him to extend his lease for the same payment.

He contacted CVRP who said he would not be eligible. :( He ended up giving the Leaf back to NMAC at the end of the lease term and buying a used Leaf of the same year and same trim level (but with one less option pack) for much less than the residual of his first Leaf.

Darn, looks like I'm SoL. Yes, reading the fine print it must be a "new" car with an "original lease term" of at least 30 months.

So...anyone interested in a lease takeover going 23 months? :lol:

miimura said:
Yes, it passed, but it's only $133 million. That is not long term funding. I really wish that they would permanently assign a funding source that can be allocated for multiple years.

Also, for applications received on or after November 1, 2016, the income limit is $300k joint and $150k single, down from $500k joint and $250k single.
I got my rebatte approved today for my 2016 e-golf SE. Anyway it says they will pay the backlog first. For mine it's on a waitlist contingent on funds ?

The funds are there, it's just a matter of clearing the backlog first. The rep I talked to a couple weeks ago in Cupertino said those who went on waitlist over the summer should get checks "soon", which I'd interpret to mean October. People who are just now putting in applications should expect to wait closer to end of year.

Back