VW lease price is $299 per month

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up leading from Livingston VW in Westlake Village but several local dealers were ready to match the deal. Just call the Internet sales guy, find out if they have the color combo you want (their websites are almost always incorrect) and then tell him you have this deal from another dealership and will they match it. I always tell not to bother calling me back if they don't want to meet these terms. Of course some dealers won't take the deal but more will. The more eGolfs they have sitting on their lot the more leverage you have to make a deal.

The deal was on the previous page...

jables said:
Leased a night blue on black eGolf. 36 months, 10K miles per year (more than I will ever need).

$2500 drive off and 35 payments of $287 including all dmv fees, taxes, etc.

Subtract the $2500 CA refund and I'm looking at a total cost of $10045 to have this car for 3 years. Pretty amazing!

jables said:

jables said:
Leased a night blue on black eGolf. 36 months, 10K miles per year (more than I will ever need).

Subtract the $2500 CA refund and I'm looking at a total cost of $10045 to have this car for 3 years. Pretty amazing!

JABLES - This was a '15? Which dealership? Neftin?

seanemac007 said:
jables said:

jables said:

JABLES - This was a '15? Which dealership? Neftin?

This was at Livingston VW. I dealt with Zak. I think he's the internet sales guy. Best experience I've had with a dealer yet.

Looks like you really got the deal... I've reached out to a number of dealerships around the area and no one is coming close to that deal. To be clear, $2500 was your total drive-off, meaning that included taxes, fees, etc.? VW has a regional deal for $299 a month with $2000 down, but that does not include taxes, fees, etc., making the drive-off cost $3300+. I can get a nicely equipped Leaf for about $275 with $2000 down.

seanemac007 said:
Looks like you really got the deal... I've reached out to a number of dealerships around the area and no one is coming close to that deal. To be clear, $2500 was your total drive-off, meaning that included taxes, fees, etc.? VW has a regional deal for $299 a month with $2000 down, but that does not include taxes, fees, etc., making the drive-off cost $3300+. I can get a nicely equipped Leaf for about $275 with $2000 down.

Yes, $2500 was the total drive off everything included (and of course I'm getting that back as a rebate check from CA).

Sorry to hear that you're not finding similar deals. Have you tried Zak at Livingston? I was also dealing with Brad at Neftin and Rob from VW Garden Grove who were prepared to give me the same exact deal (they just didn't have the car I wanted in stock). Worth giving them a try too.

Different dealers can make different deals work, but I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to get closer than your current deal, which by my math is almost $1600 over what I'm paying over the course of the lease.

Good luck!

Thanks... I got one of Zak's co-workers. I'll try again. It might have been a monthly deal thing too... each month the manufacturers change up their deals so that they might contribute more to the dealership on each new purchase or lease, so the bottom line for them goes up and down.

By the way, that $2500 Plug-in Electric Tax Credit is just that... a credit. Its not a rebate, which would be a check. If you always get money back at the end of the year, then it will likely be the same to you. I always owe at the end of the year, so it would only lessen that amount.

seanemac007 said:
By the way, that $2500 Plug-in Electric Tax Credit is just that... a credit. Its not a rebate, which would be a check. If you always get money back at the end of the year, then it will likely be the same to you. I always owe at the end of the year, so it would only lessen that amount.

You'll be happy to hear that you're wrong about this. The $2500 from California is a rebate, in other words a check. You might be confusing this with the $7500 federal tax credit, which only applies if you purchase an electric car. On a lease the tax credit is 'folded into' the lease payments, hence such low payments on a $36K car. But if you live in California you get the $2500 check regardless of lease or purchase.

More info here: https://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project

Yes, you are right. Funny thing is I was just explaining this exact difference last weekend. I must have confused the facts between Saturday and today. Thanks!

bay area vw dealer, i got:

$3500 drive-off including first months payment, tax, title
$290/mo 35 mo. tax included, 12k miles per year

did i do ok?

I am being offered this deal in NorCal for 10K miles/year. Tax, title etc are all bundled into the payments. I didn't see a breakdown of how this adds up.

- No down
- Monthly payment - 370 (includes tax)
- 325 Disposition fees

Total cost for 3 years = 36 x 370 + 325 = 13,645
Factoring in the CA rebate = 11,145

Q1: Does this seem like an OK deal or can I do better
Q2: Has anyone been able to avoid the disposition fees

that sounds pretty fair but you might want to push for 12k/yr.

it's hard to avoid the disposition fee unless you lease again from vw.

I just got a 15K / year lease with first month down only, and $360/month before taxes. I think this is a very good deal.

Massachusetts has a unique deal where you don't pay tax on the rebate money, if I'm correct. Every Lease deal I've seen from Mass on ford focus and other EVs was better than other states due to this very important difference in rebate taxable status. Hard to compare with others when you pay $650 more in tax on 36 months, You may also get the state rebate without paying tax on it.

In NY I paid $646 in tax on the fed $7500 rebate, no state incentive, but that could add up to $1000 in tax difference depending on states and the incentives you get.

Maybe you pay tax only on capitalized cost but here we pay tax on rebates.
H

Here's my recent lease deal from a SF Bay Area dealership:

$2400 drive off (everything included; tax, first mo, etc.)

$~330/mo ($299+tax)

36 mo, 10k mi/yr

Sounds like I did ok, but maybe not great. They made me work for it :)

Interesting to note that Mercedes offered exactly the same terms on their B-Class Electric, which has a sticker price $10k higher.

jables said:
Just wanted to share the deal I got...

I took your advice and drove all the way over to Livingston VW in Woodland Hills CA (2 hours away from me -_-)

Zak gave me the greatest car leasing experience compared to the other VW dealerships I went to (Pasadena, Ontario, etc).

2015 e-golf SEL Premium Blk
$1500 down
$330 per month (total)

Galpin VW

2015 e-Golf SEL Premium Blk
$1500 drive off (includes first month's payment)
$300 month + tax ($330)
12k miles a year

TRUE STORY - the sales manager at Galpin was trying really hard to close my deal so he offered to throw in "Free oil changes for 3 years." I kid you not. When I laughed at his ass and told him the car doesn't use oil he was shocked. "Really, there's no oil?" Yup. I just laughed, SMH.

Back