Error - Keyless Start Faulty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob95825

Anyone else had this show up? It started about a week after I got the car. It was intermittent at first, but now it shows up almost always when I start the car or when I turn it off.
I've tried both keyfobs and both have the same problem.

I can drive the car even with the error, but it's just very irritating. This morning the error didn't show up during startup but as I pulled into my office garage, I opened my driver side window to scan my card and beep, the error showed up.

It's also not dependent on where the keyfob is, I've put it in my jacket pocket, the center console, on the passenger seat and the error still shows up.

sn6CLNjh.jpg

Found this...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7691465-quot-Keyless-Start-Faulty-quot-warning-questions
looks like a bad antenna. Will take it to the dealer on Monday.

I was getting the same error message on my new eGolf. I figured the software glitched since it was a new car. I disconnected the 12V battery. That fixed the problem and after driving around the block per the manual the error messages went away.

Back