2015 Battery Limits without the use of CarNet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golf Cart

Does anyone know how to adjust the battery charge limitations on a 2015? The 2016 came with emanager on the infotainment. When they sunsetted the CarNet app, I assume this deleted the ability to adjust this and set up schedules.

When my car is plugged into my 32a charger it stops at 65mi, which is roughly 80% of 80mi. I wanted to doublecheck to see what battery percentage my car is charging to? All my dials point to 100% but checking on battery degradation.

Asked my dealership, and they mentioned to talk to vw customer service, then vw customer service gave me case number to take it back to the dealer? I feel like a dog chasing my tail. When vw customer service told me that there is no way to adjust the charge limit in the car, I mentioned to them that the local dealer is going to solve a global issue that vw created.

Any help is appreciated on this.

65 miles displayed is GOM (guess-O-meter), which varies based on driving style, weather and HVAC usage. “Fuel” gauge show battery state of charge. I do not believe there is a way to adjust charge limit on a 2025 or 2106 without Car Net.

Last edited:
No way to permanently update it without Carnet, however there is a button next to the charge port that you can press to override both scheduling and charge limits temporarily.

If the dial says it’s full then it’s full though, 65 miles sounds reasonable if it’s cold. The range estimate is a guess based on recent driving and shouldn’t be used to attempt to determine the amount of degradation.

Thank you for the reply's. Should I assume that every time, I plug my car into the charger, it is charging the batteries to 100%. I live in southern California, so temperature is not really an issue. And another assumption would be that any schedules or limits were erased before the deletion of CarNet?

I will try the button and see where the charge ends up.

Thanks again!

Last time my car charges only to 90% despite all settings point to MAX, resetting the charging settings in the MIB solved it.

Thank you for the reply's. Should I assume that every time, I plug my car into the charger, it is charging the batteries to 100%. I live in southern California, so temperature is not really an issue. And another assumption would be that any schedules or limits were erased before the deletion of CarNet?

I will try the button and see where the charge ends up.

Thanks again!
With my 2015 eGolf, which I've had since early 2106, the only way to adjust charge limits is with CarNET. After the 3 year free period, that expired so all the settings at the time remained and could not be adjusted. Since CarNET went away, that is permanent. So mine was set to 70%, with a timer to get it to 90% by 9am the next morning. While that doesn't work properly, here is what happens.
If I press the Charge Immediate button at the charging door, it will charge to 100%.
If I don't, it will charge to 70% and wait. When I unlock the car after it has been charged to 70%, the cable remains locked because it then starts to charge from 70% to 90%. I have to relock the door and unlock it again to get the cable to release. Not a big deal.
If you have a Level 2 (240V) charger, you can set limits with it. But those in the car will override those in the charger, so you are stuck. If you never set limits in the car using CarNET, or if you press the Charge Immediate button at the port, then the Level 2 charger limits will apply.

Back