2015 eGolf for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hassmanc

HI, I have had this car for about a year and it is a great car. I have to cut expenses, so one of my cars must go. It's white with a black interior, in perfect condition, just over 9000 miles on it. Asking $25,000. If interested, please contact me. I live near Eugene, OR. Thanks, Carl

hassmanc said:
HI, I have had this car for about a year and it is a great car. I have to cut expenses, so one of my cars must go. It's white with a black interior, in perfect condition, just over 9000 miles on it. Asking $25,000. If interested, please contact me. I live near Eugene, OR. Thanks, Carl

What does the state of Oregon offer for tax rebates, in addition to the Federal $7500 tax credit, which is now gone, and in your pocket? Just trying to work the numbers here, since those rebates are probably already in your pocket, versus still available to a new car lease or buyer.

Oregon didn't offer anything. We originally leased it, so the $7500 is in the dealer's pocket. I'm sure they made plenty on this one. I am selling to get out from under payments due to changes in our family. I am not making any money by selling, just erasing debt. If I could, I would keep this car, I love driving it!

hassmanc said:
We originally leased it, so the $7500 is in the dealer's pocket.

If you leased through VW Credit, the $7500 was supposed to be included in the Capitalized Cost Reduction along with any additional incentives from VW and/or your dealer, and your own down payment.

I call it dealer math. It was applied, but I now know that I should have got a better deal. At any rate, I owe nearly $25,000 on it, and to sell it I need to pay off the loan. If I can't, I will continue to make the payments, and have a great car to drive while feeling poor! At some point, the loan will be paid down to where someone will decide to buy it from me. I want to bring up a point that some people miss on this tax credit incentive, if you don't owe at least $7500 in taxes to the IRS, you can't get the whole $7500 if you buy the car. I did just that when I bought a Think City years ago, I only owed $5700 that year in federal taxes, so that is what I got for an incentive. It doesn't roll over to the next year either, unfortunately.

hassmanc said:
I call it dealer math. It was applied, but I now know that I should have got a better deal. At any rate, I owe nearly $25,000 on it, and to sell it I need to pay off the loan. If I can't, I will continue to make the payments, and have a great car to drive while feeling poor! At some point, the loan will be paid down to where someone will decide to buy it from me. I want to bring up a point that some people miss on this tax credit incentive, if you don't owe at least $7500 in taxes to the IRS, you can't get the whole $7500 if you buy the car. I did just that when I bought a Think City years ago, I only owed $5700 that year in federal taxes, so that is what I got for an incentive. It doesn't roll over to the next year either, unfortunately.
This is another good reason to do the lease. You get the full $7,500 credit applied in the lease, regardless of your tax situation. However, you can only lease if you live in a state that gives VW the credits they want.

Back