2015 SEL for 32,000?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cove3

I bought my SEL when they first came out in Nov 2014 for 35K, 1500 off MSRP. I just saw 2 new SEL's from the dealer listed on cars.com for 32,000, below even the price of LEs from the same dealer. Have they come down that much? If so, I should have waited. I knew I was taking a chance, both for price cutting and waiting for the car to shake out bugs, but I wanted to give VW a vote of encouragement early on

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?feedSegId=28705&rpp=50&requestorTrackingInfo=RTB_SEARCH&stkTypId=28880&PMmt=1-1-0&zc=10605&rd=100000&mdId=56107&mkId=20089&searchSource=SORT&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId&pgId=2102&sf1Nm=location&sf1Dir=ASC&sf2Nm=price&sf2Dir=DESC

Ron

The best prices on the SEL in Northern California have been at about $30,500 since June. This results in advertised lease deals of $217/mo on SEL before tax/title/license.
I leased my LE in April with a dealer selling price of $27,888. That was from the advertised lease of $159/mo.

Yes some leases here in SoCal have knocked as much as $6k off original MSRP. And if you think that's a lot of discount, Nissan is offering TEN GRAND off any new 2015 Leaf if you purchase (not lease) the car and you finance with NMAC at as little as 0% APR. Those discounts do NOT include the $7500 Federal tax credit, nor any state/local incentives.

Ron,

If it's any consolation, 9 months is a pretty long time in advance of purchasing it and now the prices have come down. With the 2016's on the way in soon, it's bound to happen with any car. We're saving ~$200 month in fuel costs, not sure about you, but between that savings and the early adopter status, I'd say you made out ok :)

cove3 said:
I bought my SEL when they first came out in Nov 2014 for 35K, 1500 off MSRP. I just saw 2 new SEL's from the dealer listed on cars.com for 32,000, below even the price of LEs from the same dealer. Have they come down that much? If so, I should have waited. I knew I was taking a chance, both for price cutting and waiting for the car to shake out bugs, but I wanted to give VW a vote of encouragement early on

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?feedSegId=28705&rpp=50&requestorTrackingInfo=RTB_SEARCH&stkTypId=28880&PMmt=1-1-0&zc=10605&rd=100000&mdId=56107&mkId=20089&searchSource=SORT&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId&pgId=2102&sf1Nm=location&sf1Dir=ASC&sf2Nm=price&sf2Dir=DESC

Ron

No dealer is beating my deal. I have FIVE e-golfs left and I have the carpool lane stickers for
very egolf at the store.

egolf.jpg

Please Contact Anthony at Bozzani Volkswagen.

http://www.bozzanivw.com/weekend-specials

GET A REBATE CHECK FOR $2500 FROM THE STATE TO OFFSET YOUR INITIAL $2500 INVESTMENT - BASICALLY 0 DOWN*

2015 SEL e-Golf, Oct 6th, cash deal, owner loyalty $2500, plus after the TDI debacle and VW's decision to today to pull out of the market all 2016 TDI's, and dealer incentives up the ying yang... I basically paid about 25.2k, cash for mine, and 2700 in sales tax, registration, plates, etc. Less 7500 Federal Tax credit, less CA 2500 clean emissions credit, less $750 on the electrical install credit by DWP.

Timmons VW in Long Beach, CA. Ask for Louis. Tell him the guy with the white e-golf SEL and cornsilk beige interior sent you.

Keep in mind, this was paid in full, cash deal.... 909 910 2243

Just out of curiosity, can a lease be worked for less than 7500 miles? I'm retired and probably am not putting more than 3000 miles on e-golf. I bought mine for 35K when they first came out, but now with the scandal and software updates and bug fixes I should have waited for year end sales or maybe leased. The bigger screen and misc wouldn't have been enough to want a 2016. Th other factor is there's only one dealer close by in Westchester NY and I'm thinking the deals in NY aren't as good as Ca and other places

Ron

VW is giving dealerships 7 to $8000 back right now, due to the TDI problem. You can possibly get another $2000 back right now, with VW owner loyalty included, if you own another VW currently. I'll put it to you this way... MSRP on my 2015 Golf SEL in the undesirable white with beige interior was $36,300. I bought mine outright, did not finance through VW ( maybe you finance yours elsewhere) with Owner loyalty, for about $25,300, before taxes and license. I get a state rebate of 2500, and a federal tax credit of 7500. That makes my cost $15,300. For $15,300, if I' sell it in 3 years, I'll be way, way, way ahead of the game, in cost per mile driven. Buy out price on a lease in 3 years is $13-14,000.

Do your homework, quickly find several dealers that have in stock exactly what combo and color you think you can live with. Call them up, and tell them you think they have what you want in stock, and want their best, rock bottom price, that you qualify for owner loyalty, through month end, and that you have no trade in, and don't need financing. Pause for a while before telling them you'd like to buy within a week. Give the business to the dealership with the best price.

ALWAYS get them to email you their offer, price before taxes and registration, with the break down, line item by line item, and the Out The Door Price. When you find the dealership with the best price, email them back "I've accepted your offer", then call them up and put a deposit down on your credit card as consideration for the contract you have entered into agreement with them.

I would do this to 5 or 6 different dealerships that have in stock what you are looking for, but you need to hustle, 2015 inventory is shrinking daily.

Back