2017 e-Golf: Get charging volts and amps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a way to get these metrics for when the car is charging from the e-Golf itself? As you know the car only shows time remaining and SOC. I am looking for the volts and amps display, similar to that on a Tesla.

Obviously some EVSE's present these metrics, however, some are basic and present zero details. I've looked all over the VW manual and UI screens and was unable to find anything that would enable this.

Is there a special/hidden diagnostics screen where this data may be shown? Can it be pulled with an OBD reader?

my flo charger displays amps , usually 27.5A for a 32 A unit for some reason while charging , and kWh used ... I have not looked at the vehicle metrics yet .. I still need to figure out how to have the vehicle pre-warmed for morning departure ;-) I don't think the car enjoys me being inside pushing buttons while charging ( christine )

Kosta said:
my flo charger displays amps , usually 27.5A for a 32 A unit for some reason while charging , and kWh used ... I have not looked at the vehicle metrics yet .. I still need to figure out how to have the vehicle pre-warmed for morning departure ;-) I don't think the car enjoys me being inside pushing buttons while charging ( christine )
It takes a bit, but having it prewarmed (or in my case pre cooled) is so much fun.

Kosta said:

The car doesn't want you in it while recharging, for fear of you driving off with the EVSE plug still attached and pulling 240 V or in the case of DCFC recharging 365V and a huge amount of electrical current.

Do your settings with the car in "ready" mode, without the EVSE plugged in, and the car will send you a lot less or zero warnings.

Back