Buy 2015 or lease 2016 (New Jersey)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Joule

Look is that possible http://www.vwking.com/searchnew.aspx?Model=e-Golf

This dealer is selling 2016 SEL PREMIUM for less than $25k!!!

GUILLAUME said:
Thanks Joule

How about you answer my questions first, from before, instead of asking more questions.

GUILLAUME said:
Thanks Joule

What's with the $300 processing fee.

GUILLAUME said:
Thanks Joule

***Price plus tax, tags, freight and $300 processing fee. New Car Prices include all available incentives and may require financing/leasing through VCI or may not be combined with special APR. Some prices include loyalty bonus available for current Volkswagen owners. Additional discounts may apply. Contact a sales consultant for all details. All prices, specifications and availability subject to change without notice.
I'm betting that they are including the $7,500 tax credit in their $10,513 "You Save" amount.

JoulesThief said:
GUILLAUME said:
Well thanks all again for the great ideas and advices.

I started to lowball all the dealers, and so far here are numbers from each for the OTD price 2015 SEL Premium before any incentives:
1/ $29,200
2/ $27,750
3/ $28,800

I got in touch with 8 dealers so far, most of them don't want to take off more than $5,000 which keeps you over $30 OTD price tag.

Can you finance outside? Is your credit good or great? Can you pay in full, with one check? offer them $25000, out the door. Go to that dealership in Boston, ask to speak to the GM, and tell him what you will pay. Leave an email address with him, tell him you'd like to get this deal done this week. White 2015 SEL with black interior.

Leave your phone number and your email address. Offer them $25000, and they can keep the 1250 or 1500 debit card incentive themselves that VW of America is offering right now.

Ask for what all the incentives are also, and post them up here.

Joulethief,

Sure I can finance outside, my credit score is great, yes I can pay in full with one check.

I appreciate your advice very much, right now I'm trying to see if I can cut a similar deal in NJ. It would avoid me a roundtrip to Boston.

GUILLAUME said:
JoulesThief said:
GUILLAUME said:
Well thanks all again for the great ideas and advices.

I started to lowball all the dealers, and so far here are numbers from each for the OTD price 2015 SEL Premium before any incentives:
1/ $29,200
2/ $27,750
3/ $28,800

I got in touch with 8 dealers so far, most of them don't want to take off more than $5,000 which keeps you over $30 OTD price tag.

Can you finance outside? Is your credit good or great? Can you pay in full, with one check? offer them $25000, out the door. Go to that dealership in Boston, ask to speak to the GM, and tell him what you will pay. Leave an email address with him, tell him you'd like to get this deal done this week. White 2015 SEL with black interior.

Leave your phone number and your email address. Offer them $25000, and they can keep the 1250 or 1500 debit card incentive themselves that VW of America is offering right now.

Ask for what all the incentives are also, and post them up here.

Joulethief,

Sure I can finance outside, my credit score is great, yes I can pay in full with one check.

I appreciate your advice very much, right now I'm trying to see if I can cut a similar deal in NJ. It would avoid me a roundtrip to Boston.

As I said, you are going to have to work for a great deal. No short cuts, no being lazy. That includes the drive back taking a day or so. You need to go to the deals, they don't come to you when buying a new car extremely cheap. The market in Jersey is not the same as the market in Boston. If you don't understand that, I can't help you. I've done this many times.

Go to Boston. As others have found, they are dealing there. No one here has reported getting a good deal on price in Jersey. There's your sign.

[/quote]

As I said, you are going to have to work for a great deal. No short cuts, no being lazy. That includes the drive back taking a day or so. You need to go to the deals, they don't come to you when buying a new car extremely cheap. The market in Jersey is not the same as the market in Boston. If you don't understand that, I can't help you. I've done this many times.

Go to Boston. As others have found, they are dealing there. No one here has reported getting a good deal on price in Jersey. There's your sign.[/quote]

Again I really appreciate the advice, right now I'm exploring my options in NJ.

I have 2 dealers at $27.5 and 1 at $26.5, I also have dealer who can offer me leasing total cost of the car will end up being $22.5k is that possible?

2015 SEL E-Golf
36 months
10,000 miles per year
$1,215 down
$199 per month
all fees are accounted for, no taxes
Residual: $13,994.50
= 13,994.5+1,215+199*36=22,373.5

Nevermind I just answered my own question the price will be after the $7,500 credit which means it ll end up costing me $2,500 more to lease that way.

So I have a 2nd dealer who is trying to get me to lease the 2015 for total price of $21k and is telling me I still get the federal tax credit not them...what a bunch of scammer haha

GUILLAUME said:
So I have a 2nd dealer who is trying to get me to lease the 2015 for total price of $21k and is telling me I still get the federal tax credit not them...what a bunch of scammer haha
You CAN get the Federal Tax Credit. But note that if you don't pass it in, then the MF and Residual may change.

And since you heard it from a 'Salesperson' he probably doesn't even know what the $7500 credit is for. Haha

GUILLAUME said:

Get back to us when you have an e-Golf. You are all over the place, jerking peoples chains, getting nothing done, wasting time.

JoulesThief said:
GUILLAUME said:

Get back to us when you have an e-Golf. You are all over the place, jerking peoples chains, getting nothing done, wasting time.

JoulesThief nobody forced you to read my post just move on, I know....the dealer in Boston best price $25k, thanks again

Back