Buying new e-Golf in illinois

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modesim

I live in Chicago and I was trying to get that 10k off an msrp but VW dealers only have them in those 12 green states, I thought I would buy in any of those states and just ship it to me but any dealer I called told me that the car has to be register in those 12 states to get that 10k off the msrp. Did anybody have any luck to get that price not being in those 12 states?

Thank you

I doubt you'll be able to get those manufacturer incentives in a non-CARB state. VW needs to get its ZEV credits in those states, which is why I think they're putting such aggressive incentives in place that apply only in those states. I believe that this is the first year where the credits are not transferable by an OEM from state to state, so they must be feeling some ZEV compliance pressure in certain states.

Thank you,
maybe you know does the car have to be register in CARB state or owned by a residen of CARB state. Reason I am asking this because in the state of Vermont you do not have to be a resident to register a vehicle. And Vermont is a CARB state.

modesim said:
Thank you,
maybe you know does the car have to be register in CARB state or owned by a residen of CARB state. Reason I am asking this because in the state of Vermont you do not have to be a resident to register a vehicle. And Vermont is a CARB state.

Good questions. From what I understand, the dealer incentives don’t apply to cars that won’t be registered in a CARB state.

Didn’t realize you could register a car in VT without actually residing there. That’s an odd rule.

modesim said:
Thank you,

Were you able to do this? I'm also in IL and would like to buy the new eGolf under the 10k incentive

You also have to finance with VW credit to get the deal. Makes it more complicated.

Back