California CVRP Rebate Program Changes Dec 3, 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

The CVRP program is changing to reduce per vehicle rebates so that the program funding will last through the year even with higher eligible vehicle sales volume. Full information is available here: https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/faqs/what-should-i-know-about-december-3rd-program-changes

Highlights:
  • BEV rebate is reduced to $2,000 for the standard rebate and remains $4,500 for qualifying low income.
  • Vehicles with MSRP over $60,000 are no longer eligible.
  • Rebates are limited to 1 per person or entity, down from 2. If you already claimed one but not two rebates before Dec 3, 2019, you will be able to claim one more.
  • PHEV electric range has been increased from 20 miles to 35 miles on the UDDS test cycle. This will disqualify most PHEVs. PHEV rebate is decreased to $1,000 from $1,500.
  • Application is required within 3 months of purchase or lease. Vehicles purchased before Dec 3 still have 18 months to apply, but applications received after Dec 3 will get the reduced rebate.

Welp I guess I'm glad I snatched up the i3 REx when I did. My original MSRP was $61k although the actual sale price was closer to $50k.

Glad to see they're taking away the rebate for PHEVs with less than 35 miles electric. Really, I'd like to see that number closer to 50. And take away their carpool access too :lol:

Back