car-net, charging, paying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deschodt

This week I got fed up with the new version of Car-net always forgetting my ID, password and PIN (the old version remembered at least for a few tries), so I deleted it... The next morning, my car was not charged.... Nor the next day... I eventually reset some options for overnight charging in the car itself, the app was slow to respond anyway. I had no idea deleting an app (not changing settings) could cause the car to sort of reset the settings... Or is it a coincidence ? (but after 6 months of zero issues it would be a hell of a coincidence?) - my overnight "cheaper electrical" settings was gone, so it was never activating the delayed 11PM-6AM charging.

Talking about Car-net, it's been real crap since it got updated. After all the logins, it takes ages to report on battery status, the interface is worse (and noticeably slower). Also I'm now getting notified by VW my trial period is expiring soon and I should be paying ? The sales guy said I was covered for free over the entire lease. Who lied here ? Just curious... If I don't pay - which I won't - do I still get to see the charge level in the app at least ? (couldn't care less about other features)

Deschodt said:
This week I got fed up with the new version of Car-net always forgetting my ID, password and PIN (the old version remembered at least for a few tries), so I deleted it... The next morning, my car was not charged.... Nor the next day... I eventually reset some options for overnight charging in the car itself, the app was slow to respond anyway. I had no idea deleting an app (not changing settings) could cause the car to sort of reset the settings... Or is it a coincidence ? (but after 6 months of zero issues it would be a hell of a coincidence?) - my overnight "cheaper electrical" settings was gone, so it was never activating the delayed 11PM-6AM charging.

Talking about Car-net, it's been real crap since it got updated. After all the logins, it takes ages to report on battery status, the interface is worse (and noticeably slower). Also I'm now getting notified by VW my trial period is expiring soon and I should be paying ? The sales guy said I was covered for free over the entire lease. Who lied here ? Just curious... If I don't pay - which I won't - do I still get to see the charge level in the app at least ? (couldn't care less about other features)

I agree - it's garbage now but was at least halfway usable before. I have the exact same problem, can't use it.

You know you can login from a browser, right? carnet.vw.com has all the same functionality, so you'll be able to check your charge schedule, etc.

If you don't pay, you only get the eGolf charging and climate control features - which is all I need really.

Back