Current CA HOV Sticker processing time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forbin404 said:
Sigh, and I found out my dealer FORGOT to tell me that they aren't processing the form.
3 months of waiting down the drain.

03/01/2016 : Form Submitted.
Sigh and I found out my dealer never mailed the form that I filled it at their location.

04/16/2016 : Form Submitted (I put it in the mailbox)

At LAST! It has arrived.

04/19 Mailed check (I said 4/16 but it is really 4/19)
04/30 They stamp the check.
04/30 New Registration Issued.
05/06 Check appears in Bank Account
05/09 Pitney Bowes Stamp on Envelope
05/19 USPS Stamp on Envelope <---- Ok what happened here? It sat at DMV for 10 days?
05/21 Stickers in Mailbox.

Phew.
While they moved FAST, it came to a screeching halt in the mail room.

BTW If you were curious about your stickers the DMV Special Processing Dept is 916-657-8035. This is the only department that can answer questions about the HOV Lane Stickers.

09/03 - Picked up e-Golf from dealership
09/19 - Received license plates in the mail
09/20 - Sent in application for carpool stickers with $22 check
10/12 - Check cashed by DMV (19 days since application was sent)
11/14 - Contacted DMV. Was told they do not track decals that goes out. But confirms check cashed by DMV on 10/12. (1 month 2 days since check was cashed)
11/21 - Contacted DMV. Was told they show the decals were sent on 10/10 (contradicting). Was advised to reapply.
12/05 - Sent second application for replacement decals to DMV (Certified Mail)
12/09 - Received confirmation of receipt of application
01/09/'17 - Received a call from someone at the DMV inquiring about my application. Says that she will process and send the stickers as soon as possible. I then offered to pay for my own shipping via FedEx. DMV reluctantly agrees and sends decals. (Right at the 30 day process time on application)
01/14/'17 - Received carpool stickers (4 MONTHS LATER!)

Called that (916) number...I and my wife were spoken to pretty rudely. If were not for the one nice person that called on 1/9, I imagine we would still be waiting for our stickers to arrive.

COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!

rondhype said:
11/14 - Contacted DMV. Was told they do not track decals that goes out. But confirms check cashed by DMV on 10/12. (1 month 2 days since check was cashed)
11/21 - Contacted DMV. Was told they show the decals were sent on 10/10 (contradicting). Was advised to reapply.
01/09/'17 - Received a call from someone at the DMV inquiring about my application. Says that she will process and send the stickers as soon as possible. I then offered to pay for my own shipping via FedEx. DMV reluctantly agrees and sends decals. (Right at the 30 day process time on application)

Called that (916) number...I and my wife were spoken to pretty rudely. If were not for the one nice person that called on 1/9, I imagine we would still be waiting for our stickers to arrive.

COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!
I would've sworn they weren't issuing stickers for the last 2 months of the year right?

rondhype said:

COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!

Vote for bigger government, it's so efficient.

Perfect example of why I go down to AAA to renew my registration. I avoid the DMV offices like the plague.

California DMV can have as many employees as the US military and still be like this. I truly believe they invented government bureaucracy and licensed it to the Federal government.

RonDawg said:
California DMV can have as many employees as the US military and still be like this. I truly believe they invented government bureaucracy and licensed it to the Federal government.
That's because of nepotism :)
Governments are full of it.

Back