Exclusive: First Volkswagen e-Golf Sold In US, Now 21 Major

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via ievs.com:
Exclusive: First Volkswagen e-Golf Sold In US, Now 21 Major EVs On Sale In America
http://insideevs.com/first-volkswagen-e-golf-sold-us-now-21-major-evs-sale-america/

Yes, the car was sold at auction for a charity. I could not find the final price of the auction - any idea what it took in?

This was an interesting publicity stunt by VW. I hope it worked and people are now generally aware of the car (at least those interested in an EV). I'm looking forward to getting behind the wheel of one myself.

I called the charity and they won't publish the price. I watched the last 4 minutes and it quickly went to 41,000. I figured I'd come back to get the closing price and to my amazement it wasn't posted. Had I known, I would have watched the close. I also can't find it on the internet.

My local dealer said they expect cars in two weeks. I think they'll sell as lot as the golf is a new design, the ice is #1 in compacts and hatchbacks, both ice and e-golf have gotten good reviews, and after the 7500 tax credit and being a fully loaded SEL, it's the same price as a SEL gas version Golf

Ron

As the article makes clear, it refers to the first e-Golf delivered to a customer by a dealer, not the first car to be sold (that's the one auctioned off).

Back