Leased my LE Edition Yesterday - NorCal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajjar123

Hi All,

Excited about getting a Golf. It will be our 1st EV Car - We got a better deal on the e-Golf compared to all other EVs we shopped in June. Originally wanted to get a Spark EV but dealers in NorCal do not have a single car in Stock. We liked Kia Soul EV - Dealers were too lazy to make a sale. Hence we went to get an e-golf after test driving one. We were perfectly satisfied with LE Edition vs SEL Edition since we didnt want pay $2200 more for a Heat Pump (never gets freezing in Bay Area) and didn't care for LED lights etc...

We got the following Lease Deal and took delivery of our car yesterday

Following are the Deals we negotiated for 3 Yr/12k/yr Lease for an LE Edition recently

1. $3900 Drive off + $162/mo (w/Tax) + $350 Disposition - Total Cost of Lease $7420 (considering $2500 CA rebate)
2. $2495 Drive off + $200/mo (w/Tax) + $350 Disposition - Total Cost of Lease $7345 (Considering $2500 CA Rebate)

$10/mo difference for 12k miles vs 10k Miles - After discussion with my dear wife and analyzing our past driving records on our owned cars, figured out, I will never commute > 10k miles per year. Decided to save whatever money we can.

We meticulously maintain our cars - However, since it is our 1st Lease in Life and being in Bay Area among many impatient people, we were very nervous about Excess Wear after we read the Lease Contract (Read your contract - read it :) ). VW Credit says any ding > $50 is considered excess wear !!!. I know lot of lease veterans consider these things as a waste of money, but we have heard horror stories before from friends who leased a LEAF and other cars. We wanted complete peace of mind and decided to take the VW Excess Wear Protection - This Provide $10,000 coverage up to $1000 per ding and includes wheels and wheel covers and all excess wear damages.

So Finally, this is what we signed for 3 year - 36mo / 10k mile year + 3 yr VW Excess Wear Protection

$2605 Drive Off
$202 (Including CA Sales Tax + VW Credit Excess Wear and Tear Policy)
$350 Disposition

Total Cost of my Lease - $7525.

What do you guys think about this deal?

I think that looks like a great deal.

Would you mind detailing your down payment? I'm looking at $9k in total cost with tax over 3 years including the $3k CT incentive (taxed so really $2800 net).

Wish I could get one of these CA deals - the CT dealers don't seem to want to move much.

EDIT: actually if you wouldn't mind detailing the whole deal - i.e., selling price and down payment.

rajjar123 said:
Hi All,

Excited about getting a Golf. It will be our 1st EV Car - We got a better deal on the e-Golf compared to all other EVs we shopped in June. Originally wanted to get a Spark EV but dealers in NorCal do not have a single car in Stock. We liked Kia Soul EV - Dealers were too lazy to make a sale. Hence we went to get an e-golf after test driving one. We were perfectly satisfied with LE Edition vs SEL Edition since we didnt want pay $2200 more for a Heat Pump (never gets freezing in Bay Area) and didn't care for LED lights etc...

We got the following Lease Deal and took delivery of our car yesterday

Following are the Deals we negotiated for 3 Yr/12k/yr Lease for an LE Edition recently

1. $3900 Drive off + $162/mo (w/Tax) + $350 Disposition - Total Cost of Lease $7420 (considering $2500 CA rebate)
2. $2495 Drive off + $200/mo (w/Tax) + $350 Disposition - Total Cost of Lease $7345 (Considering $2500 CA Rebate)

$10/mo difference for 12k miles vs 10k Miles - After discussion with my dear wife and analyzing our past driving records on our owned cars, figured out, I will never commute > 10k miles per year. Decided to save whatever money we can.

We meticulously maintain our cars - However, since it is our 1st Lease in Life and being in Bay Area among many impatient people, we were very nervous about Excess Wear after we read the Lease Contract (Read your contract - read it :) ). VW Credit says any ding > $50 is considered excess wear !!!. I know lot of lease veterans consider these things as a waste of money, but we have heard horror stories before from friends who leased a LEAF and other cars. We wanted complete peace of mind and decided to take the VW Excess Wear Protection - This Provide $10,000 coverage up to $1000 per ding and includes wheels and wheel covers and all excess wear damages.

So Finally, this is what we signed for 3 year - 36mo / 10k mile year + 3 yr VW Excess Wear Protection

$2605 Drive Off
$202 (Including CA Sales Tax + VW Credit Excess Wear and Tear Policy)
$350 Disposition

Total Cost of my Lease - $7525.

What do you guys think about this deal?

Looks like a solid deal. Factor in gas savings and the deal gets even better!

This was my first time leasing a car and felt pressured to get the wear and tear but declined all the extra monthly charges. We'll see if that was wise or not. I figure MAACO will paint a bumper or a door for $175 so in the worst case I'll just do that at then end of the lease if there are chips, dings etc.

In any event, enjoy the car!

What was your dealer selling price at the top of the lease agreement?

The good lease deals advertised in CA for the LE are usually below $28,000. Mine was advertised $159/mo (+tax) and the dealer selling price was $27,888. This is possible because of incentives from VW to the dealer.

Back