Remote Climate Shutoff Time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sactogolf

I'm looking to set up the climate system to activate at a certain time when leaving work. I am unable to find any information on how long the remote climate will remain active after the departure date. If I set it for 5:30pm but don't arrive at the vehicle until 9pm, will the AC run for the full time. Or is there a mechanism to turn it off if, for instance, the vehicle is not started by a certain time? I just want to ensure a lot of energy/battery is not wasted if I am delayed from the departure time.

I know that the climate control feature will shut off automatically at 20% SOC, but that seems like a big waste of energy. Additionally, using Car-net is not viable either, I don't expect to pay for it long-term, nor do I want to add this to the list of things I need to remember. I don't think its reasonable to assume I will remember to to turn off the auto climate control if for any reason I stay late at work.

Any way to accomplish this?

In my experience, the climate control shuts off about 15 minutes after the departure time, even when plugged into an AC EVSE.

I believe you are allowed up to three departure times, so you could program three different departure times spaced out over your expected departure window so at least the car is semi-comfortable (though this depends on how hot or cold it is outside). If you are trying to keep the car cool, you should park it in the shade if possible.

Unlike Tesla's "camping mode" or "dog mode" the e-Golf does not offer such a feature, to my knowledge.

Back