unexpected regen braking (no ACC, no regen)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bertdb

Hi, I'm driving a 2017 e-Golf for about 3 weeks now.
I absolutely love it, and it drives really comfortably. There is one thing that I've noticed intermittently that I can't explain, and I wonder whether other drivers see the same thing?

When driving w/o ACC, and regen auto-brake disabled, the car would coast when lifting my foot of the gas pedal. However, Once in a while the car decelerates as if I have regen level 1 or 2 enabled. So far, this has only happened in "logical" places, i.e. before entering a lower speed limit zone, or when coming up to an intersection or a roundabout. But I can't find a clear pattern when it happens.
I usually have navigation enabled, so I can't say whether I also see it when not navigating.

Is anyone seeing the same thing? And which driving assistant is doing this for me?

bertdb said:
I absolutely love it, and it drives really comfortably. There is one thing that I've noticed intermittently that I can't explain, and I wonder whether other drivers see the same thing?

When driving w/o ACC, and regen auto-brake disabled, the car would coast when lifting my foot of the gas pedal. However, Once in a while the car decelerates as if I have regen level 1 or 2 enabled. So far, this has only happened in "logical" places, i.e. before entering a lower speed limit zone, or when coming up to an intersection or a roundabout. But I can't find a clear pattern when it happens.
I usually have navigation enabled, so I can't say whether I also see it when not navigating.

Is anyone seeing the same thing? And which driving assistant is doing this for me?

I've been researching this some more, and found a matching report on another forum: https://speakev.com/threads/even-with-recuperation-off-the-e-golf-sometimes-regen-brakes.91001/

It's linked to the "lift your foot" icon that appears sometimes.

bertdb said:
bertdb said:

I've been researching this some more, and found a matching report on another forum: https://speakev.com/threads/even-with-recuperation-off-the-e-golf-sometimes-regen-brakes.91001/

It's linked to the "lift your foot" icon that appears sometimes.

Seems to be an EU car feature, or no one in North America has seen it, or it's not been mapped yet for our roundabouts in NA or USA.

Back