Update from eMotorWerks on Submetering Pilot Phase 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daeofcal

Am I reading this correctly?

Thank you for your continued interest in participating in the Phase 2 Submetering Pilot. We are currently finalizing our approval to begin enrolling customers with each utility.

We are pleased to share that eMotorWerks is offering Phase 2 applicants the latest EV charging station powered by eMotorWerks' JuiceNet cloud platform - the UL approved AeroVironment 30A EVSE-RS. AeroVironment is a leading provider of high-quality charging solutions and is the preferred high powered charging station supplier for 8 global automobile manufacturers.

Phase 2 pilot applicants can pre-order to reserve your JuiceNet-enabled AeroVironment EVSE-RE now and receive a $100 instant rebate off standard pricing only at this link at eMotorWerks.com. Your new charging station is estimated to arrive at your home by the end of March 2017. The JuiceNet-enabled AeroVironment 30A EVSE-RE is the only EV charging equipment currently eligible for Phase 2 participation with eMotorWerks. (The JuiceBox Pro 40A is not eligible due to CPUC requirements for UL-certification.)

To lock in your $100 instant rebate, please reply to this email and include a copy of your most recent utility electric bill. We will contact you after eMotorWerks pre-screens your bill for eligibility. If you pre-screen as potentially eligible, we will send a Customer Enrollment Application (CEA) for you to sign and return to eMotorWerks once your station is installed. Your utility will only review and approve your CEA after your new station is installed. After your CEA is approved, eMotorWerks will provide an additional $300 participation rebate. eMotorWerks does not guarantee that you will be eligible for the pilot or the $300 rebate.

Approved participants in the Phase 2 Submetering Pilot will have received $400 off a JuiceNet-enabled AeroVironment RS-EVSE and begin saving on EV charging costs due to lower off-peak electricity rates through your utility for the 12-month Pilot term. The current end date for enrollment is April 30, 2017, or until the maximum number of enrollments is reached for your utility.

Information about the pilot is also available at our Submetering Pilot website.

To recap:

Lock in your $100 instant discount by pre-ordering your new charging station only at this link at eMotorWerks.com, and
Send a copy of your most recent utility electric bill to [email protected] to pre-screen your eligibility.

Thank you for your continued patience, and we hope we will have a chance to meet your submetering and charging needs for the Submetering Pilot.

The eMotorWerks Team

In order to be considered for the program, I have to buy the charger? And then SDG&E can still deny my entry into the program?

Considering the cost of having a submeter installed, this is certainly not going to be a money saver. -.-

daeofcal said:
Considering the cost of having a submeter installed, this is certainly not going to be a money saver. -.-

I think I read that portion incorrectly on the initial sign-up. I think the EVSEs have embedded submeter?

daeofcal said:
daeofcal said:

I think I read that portion incorrectly on the initial sign-up. I think the EVSEs have embedded submeter?
Yes, the EVSE has revenue grade metering and communication built-in.

That's standard language. eMotorWerks can't guarantee you are going to be eligible for any programs with your utility company since that's between you and them (your utility company).

Back