Search found 118 matches

Go to advanced search

by Verkehr
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:39 pm
Forum: Technical Discussions
Topic: Loud thunk when going from R to P
Replies: 36
Views: 25404

Re: Loud thunk when going from R to P

Neutral is not needed so my ideal: 1. Stop with your foot on the brake 2. Engage parking brake 3. Release the foot brake 4. Place the shifter in "Park" The reason for releasing the foot brake before park is to prevent the car from moving after placing it in park; the front wheels will roll slightly ...
by Verkehr
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 am
Forum: Technical Discussions
Topic: Upping the speed limiter
Replies: 6
Views: 3649

Re: Upping the speed limiter

My guess is that someone just chose a nice round number. Other EVs like the Opel Ampera-E are limited to 150 kph (93 mph) just like the Euro e-golf. Also it is conceivable that the speed limit was reduced to 85 to reduce battery overheating in hot western states, heat which Europe rarely sees. Given...
by Verkehr
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:32 pm
Forum: General / Main e-Golf Owners Forum
Topic: Best practices for charging
Replies: 2
Views: 1667

Re: Best practices for charging

Personally, I charge the car to 60% daily right before a 14 mile round trip. This leaves the battery between 40% and 50% most of the time which some sources say is ideal for minimizing degradation: https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_store_batteries However, for days I need to drive f...
by Verkehr
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 pm
Forum: Technical Discussions
Topic: Charge to 80 or 90?
Replies: 6
Views: 4369

Re: Charge to 80 or 90?

Truly "optimal" is closer to 60% but the car is pretty useless then. I'd do 80 unless you need the range.
by Verkehr
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:20 am
Forum: Buying/Leasing the e-Golf
Topic: 24 Month Lease NOT eligible for $2500 CVRP Rebate
Replies: 10
Views: 5330

Re: 24 Month Lease NOT eligible for $2500 CVRP Rebate

That's a bummer. The 24 month lease makes sense for high-earners who are not eligible for the rebate anyway. The dealerships ought to be aware of this and market it as such.
by Verkehr
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:24 pm
Forum: Technical Discussions
Topic: Max Wattage
Replies: 5
Views: 2780

Re: Max Wattage

Hard wire the inverter to the battery using a separate relay controlled by the ignition.

While charging or driving, the car should handle about 200 amps on the 12v circuit before it starts to drain the lead acid battery.
by Verkehr
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:41 pm
Forum: General / Main e-Golf Owners Forum
Topic: 2019 battery pack for 2015 and newer eGolfs!
Replies: 8
Views: 5890

Re: 2019 battery pack for 2015 and newer eGolfs!

My conservative guess is that they'd find a used pack that's slightly above the 70% threshold to give you since that's all VW is on the hook for.
by Verkehr
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:44 pm
Forum: General / Main e-Golf Owners Forum
Topic: Key fob battery life
Replies: 8
Views: 7225

Re: Key fob battery life

I replaced mine for the second time at 3 years of ownership. So, 18 months average so far. For me, a small price to pay for the convenience of KESSY.
by Verkehr
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:46 pm
Forum: Technical Discussions
Topic: Found my battery's aging %, seems low -- or is it?
Replies: 44
Views: 44114

Re: Found my battery's aging %, seems low -- or is it?

Interesting indeed... here's mine, build date 6/15 with 20,500 miles/33.000 km:

Image

I have been "babying the battery" charging only to 60% since I don't use the car for my commute and drive it only 13 miles most days.
by Verkehr
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:54 pm
Forum: General / Main e-Golf Owners Forum
Topic: fell in love and bought a 2016 SE
Replies: 16
Views: 7657

Re: fell in love and bought a 2016 SE

You can program the car to charge to 80% or 90% on the center screen under e-Manager. It's not that obvious how to set it up, but it's there for 2016 and later US models. I never bothered with our 2015 because my wife was the primary driver and she was always nervous about running out of charge. Al...

Go to advanced search