2017/2018 with digital dash ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarryMW

Went to Walnut Creek VW today looking for a 2016/17 SEL.
All gone, and the new 2017/18 124mile version are on the lot.
Expennnnnnsive !
What surprised me was the 17/18 SEL has the same analog dials as the 17/18 SE and my 2015 SEL.

What happened to the all digital dash?

Barry

BarryMW said:
Expennnnnnsive !
What surprised me was the 17/18 SEL has the same analog dials as the 17/18 SE and my 2015 SEL.

Barry

Those are 2017's. 2018's SEL's get the dash, once all the 2017's sell, by 2019. ;-)

BarryMW said:
Expennnnnnsive !

Barry
The digital dash only comes with the SEL that also has the Driver Assistance Package at an additional cost of $1,395.

The digital dash is part of the Driver’s Assistance Package, which is listed as “late availability.” This was not available on vehicles made prior to July 2017. Since rumor has it that the first batch of 2017s to make it to U.S. dealers this week have been sitting in port since April, it may be a few months before we see the DAP offered on the SELs.

Cars with the DAP are starting to be seen in Canada; the dealer in Guelph, Ont., has one, and someone on the Facebook forum in Vancouver bought a very nice-looking Atlantic Blue model with the Driver’s Assistance Package this week.

I wonder if the standard U.S. colors for the 2017 model will echo the Canadian standard colors; they’ve changed the blue, limestone grey is no longer offered, and they have a new “peacock green”—sort of a dark green color. Maybe they’ll finally get around to updating the U.S. website with a new configurator that lists the colors and options this week!

Ok
Then I'll just wait it out for a 2017 SEL DAP.
I've still several months on my lease. The race is on.

Barry

I know I'm the other side of the country, but Minuteman VW in Bedford MA has one SEL with the Driver Assistance Package listed as being in their inventory. It has no picture, so it may still be on the ship, not actually on the lot.
I might go and check it out, but it's got the beige interior which I'm allergic too! ;) The only SEL with a black interior in their list doesn't have the DAP.

nerk said:
miimura said:
I don't believe the Canadian colors are any indication of possible or likely USA colors.

Correction.... "I don't believe the Canadian colours are any indication of possible or likely USA colors."

;)
Touché.

I was actually wrong about the actual colors too. Pacific Blue is out and Atlantic Blue is in. The green that is called Peacock Green in Canada appears to be very similar to the Great Falls Green in USA.

miimura said:
The green that is called Peacock Green in Canada appears to be very similar to the Great Falls Green in USA.

Peacock Green = Great Falls Green = Pfauengrün

Nobody has seen Great Falls Green on a dealer's lot yet in the U.S. (is that going to be late availability,too?) but I had a feeling it was the same thing as the Peacock Green colour up in Canada. Why the U.S. VW folks felt it necessary to change the name of the green color mystifies me... but whatever!

currentlydriving said:
Nobody has seen Great Falls Green on a dealer's lot yet in the U.S. (is that going to be late availability,too?) but I had a feeling it was the same thing as the Peacock Green colour up in Canada. Why the U.S. VW folks felt it necessary to change the name of the green color mystifies me... but whatever!
Well the Great Falls are in the United States, and I guess Canadians like peacocks?

I got my eGolf about a month ago. It's the version with the digital cockpit and DAP. It's true that they are behind with these models. I'm in Vancouver BC btw.
When I ordered it (April 2017), they told me from the start that my car will be delivered later than the models without DAP, due to manufacturing schedules.
If anybody wants pics or more info on it, let me know.

kataleen said:
I got my eGolf about a month ago. It's the version with the digital cockpit and DAP. ... If anybody wants pics or more info on it, let me know.
What does the "Available Lane Departure Warning (Lane Assist) with Driver Assistance package" do, really?

myhui said:
kataleen said:
I got my eGolf about a month ago. It's the version with the digital cockpit and DAP. ... If anybody wants pics or more info on it, let me know.
What does the "Available Lane Departure Warning (Lane Assist) with Driver Assistance package" do, really?
Tesla-Bjorn recently released a video about the 2017 e-Golf in Norway and he did a quick demo of Lane Assist. It's at about 12:20 in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPak_URDqbY

He also shows the reduced charge rate when doing multiple back to back fast charges. He was actually being relatively gentle on the car because the he was driving roads with lower speed limits. Unfortunately he did not accurately collect data about how much it was slowing down. He just showed some charging session averages that showed it dropped to about 30kW.

miimura said:
myhui said:
kataleen said:
Tesla-Bjorn recently released a video about the 2017 e-Golf in Norway and he did a quick demo of Lane Assist. It's at about 12:20 in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPak_URDqbY

He also shows the reduced charge rate when doing multiple back to back fast charges. He was actually being relatively gentle on the car because the he was driving roads with lower speed limits. Unfortunately he did not accurately collect data about how much it was slowing down. He just showed some charging session averages that showed it dropped to about 30kW.

By the time the battery is at 80% SOC, it's not going to be taking full current capacity. At that point the voltage of recharging will be fixed and the current will be reduced. At lower states of charge below 80%, the current level will be fixed and the voltage will be coming up and increasing. Typical Lithium Poly battery recharging expectations. Keep in mind, either recharging quickly or discharging quickly ( driving the car hard and fast), the battery is going to generate heat. Therefore, it pays to drive the car gently for 7 to 10 minutes before a quick recharge. Drive surface streets and drive 45 to 50 mph tops, with no hills to climb before recharging.

Back