homelink mirror install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't done it, but it's not much different than hard wiring a dashcam, which I did do. There are YouTube videos on how to install an auto dimming mirror, so the process should be the same.

There is another forum where a part number for the auto-dimming with homelink mirror was given.
I called the local VW dealers in the area, and all parts managers said that it would not work with the 2019 e-golf, and that there was not a homelink option for the 2019.
If anyone knows differently, please advise.

I just installed the frameless auto-dim mirror with home-link in my 2019 e-Golf SE with DAP. The mirror I used was 000-072-548-F and purchased through Deutsche Autoparts. I found the mirror cheaper at some dealers but the shipping charges were outrageous which made the final cost greater than Deutsche. In anycase it took me about an hour to do the install.

vwsickness said:
I just installed the frameless auto-dim mirror with home-link in my 2019 e-Golf SE with DAP. The mirror I used was 000-072-548-F and purchased through Deutsche Autoparts. I found the mirror cheaper at some dealers but the shipping charges were outrageous which made the final cost greater than Deutsche. In anycase it took me about an hour to do the install.

And everything works? Homelink works properly?

Everything works, compass, dimming and the Homelink. The range on the Homelink is much better than the standalone remote so that is an added plus.

vwsickness said:
Everything works, compass, dimming and the Homelink. The range on the Homelink is much better than the standalone remote so that is an added plus.

Could you take a moment and write couple of pointers on how you did this? Did you have to take off the A pillar trim to get power cable run to the mirror or did you draw power from the front map lights?

Thanks for posting this link to this youtube video. Just curious if anyone has tried drawing power from the overhead map lights. Shouldn't that be way easier than running this power cable up the A pillar and across to the mirror?

While this post is dated, it is still relevant as I too was wondering if there was a way to get HomeLink into my 2019 e-Golf.

To aide those arriving after me, here's a video on "rotaryguy" YouTube channel. He walks you through the install of the VW Interior Mirror with HomeLink in an '17 Golf R Mk7 with DAP.

https://youtu.be/lIGOHgjXj2c

VW Part Number = 000.072.548f

For more detailed information and other tips that are missing from the first video, here's a video from 'Sean's Trains, Cars and Other Stuff' channel.

https://youtu.be/TFN_DxAojOg

Could someone confirm if the 2019 SE is prewired like the videos show and you simply have to disconnect the power cable from the factory mirror and install it in the new mirror or will we need to run power from the map lights or worse from the A panel? My 2019 SE mirror does not have auto day night feature so i do not know if they prewired the mirror for power. Again, both videos show there is existing power but that could be because they already had auto day night in their previous mirrors.

Back