Not charging- yellow light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wohlford

Help please, I just got the 2016 vw e-golf 2 days ago. I charged it once at my local tech company free level 2 charging and it worked great. Then tried the home charger, it locks onto the plug, but I get the yellow light and not charging. I tried at a few locations, nothing.. I went back to the tech company level 2 charging and it didn't work either.

This car was just checked out with a 2 year warranty.. Am I doing something wrong?

If you are having problems at multiple locations that work, then you probably need to take it to the dealer to have it checked out. If the car has DCFC capability, you may want to try that, too. You say you have a 2 year warranty, so sounds like you may need to take advantage of it now.

And you're sure it's fully plugged-in to the car? You should hear it click into place. I'm now recalling one time shortly after I got my car and I couldn't get it to start charging, and this was the reason why.

Bummer. You're using the Level 1 charger that comes with the car? There are status lights on charging cable control that may give you some more clues if you refer to the troubleshooting section in the owners manual.

Yep, the level 1.. on the cable it says the cord is receiving power from the outlet, but that's it!

Last thing I can think of is to check the maximum charge setting in emanager and make sure it wasn't set to a low value. Hopefully someone with more eGolf experience will have some other ideas as well. Good luck and glad you have the warranty!

Thanks for the help everyone.. I just dropped it off at the dealer this morning, so hopefully they can diagnose what wrong

When I charge at home (Level1). I have no issues, when I charge on campus university (Level 2). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I made this this last time to push the top button(charge now). It’s connected but doesn’t charge, I was down to 8 miles of range. I’ve attached 2 pictures any help interpreting what is happening would be appreciated. And yes, these stations have been checked and just before me people had charged their cars there(Bolts).
Thank you again!

Back