Lane assist does not work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doublpeak

I am a new eGolf owner and apologize if this has been discussed. I have a 2019 SE with driver assistance package. The lane assist does not seem to work as I never got any warnings when my car is off lane. I have turned the function on in the settings. Curious if anyone has similar issues.

When Lane Assist is on, you should see the indicator light up on your instrument cluster (green car icon with dashed lines on either side of it). I experimented with this feature a bit after getting my car, but ended up disabling it as I do mainly urban driving and found it to be rather distracting (plus I'm a very attentive driver). Though, I could see it being nice to have on longer highway drives. It does not issue a warning such as an audible alert. You will, however, feel it in the steering wheel as it course corrects. I found that at moderate speeds, it was even pretty good at steering the car through a gentle curve with my hands off the wheel, and it will definitely keep you within a well-marked lane.

Back