Need to cancel Car-Net Subscription but keep the e-mobility features

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recall seeing a separate section for car-net postings but I can't seem to find it on this forum site. Was that recently removed?

My June 2019 purchased vehicle had a 6 month car-net trial. This trial is coming to an end in about three weeks so I called to cancel the car-net subscription but I wanted to keep my complimentary mobility package. Reading these forums, I was of the impression one could keep the mobility package without paying for the car-net subscription. The agent said I must keep a paid subscription to get the mobility services. That is completely contrary to what I believed was the case. The whole notion of something being complimentary means just that.

This is what is in the marketing material. Please review and let me know has anyone been able to keep the e-mobility features without paying for car-net subscription.
--
Volkswagen Car-Net® App-Connect**
Volkswagen Car-Net Security & Service with 6-month trial subscription and 3 years of complimentary e-mobility features†

**Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. Not all features
available on all operating systems. Standard text and data usage rates apply. App-Connect features require compatible device, operating system, and mobile apps. See mobile device and app providers for terms and privacy.

†Three years of complimentary enhanced e-mobility features
available after subscription to 6-month VW Car-Net Security & Service trial. Verizon Telematics, Inc., is service provider of VW Car-Net Security & Service. Available on select models. Trial or paid subscription required. VW Car-Net Security & Service services require vehicle cellular
connectivity and availability of vehicle GPS signal; certain services may collect location information. See Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and other details at www.vw.com/carnet. Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted.

--

Maybe call again and talk to someone else? I did not sign up for the full Car-Net package and my e-mobility services still work (as they should).

I actually called again and this time I spoke with an agent in their subscription dept and they were able to cancel the paid subscription and revert me down to the complimentary e-golf remote services. And the same account that I had during the trial still works and I see the remote battery services and the carnet other services are grayed out.. So all in all, it took about three calls and I am good to go. It would have been good if they had done this on the first call but the supervisor that I spoke with on the first two calls made it sound as if it was impossible to offer just the free access to remote battery services without a paid account. And my question to them was if the paid account is required then how could VW market the remote battery services for two years as free. The logic was just not making sense to me yet they kept insisting.

If anyone else has the same issue, my recommendation is to call back. The agent who helped me was a gentleman named Ricky.

Back