Inspection Due... 2,500 mi??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting the "Inspection Due" message, but my car is only approaching 2,500 miles after 4.5 months of ownership. I thought the first service wasn't until 10K miles. Has anyone else had an inspection done at this point? I'm also planning to call the dealer, but was curious to hear about experiences here. Thanks in advance!

I was told by my dealer the "inspection due" message is based on time or mileage, which ever comes first. The timer countdown begins when the car was manufactured, not when you purchased it. You can ignore it or reset it. I had the same issue.

In my case, my June 2019 purchased SE is showing inspection due in 26 days .. the countdown began a few days back at inspection due in 30 days. I have 7200 miles on my car.

I've got under 2k miles on my 2019 (delivered in August) and it's been counting down for a few days now... I'll let the dealer reset that counter when they fix my passenger door wiring harness issue. :eek:

I should probably scan the car with OBDEleven before and after and see if I can figure out what byte changes in the car's brain. Sure I can 0.0 button reset the service indicator myself, but why not know what it's changing?

Mine was doing the same thing. Figured the dealer didn't reset the time from the manufacture date vs the sell date. I went ahead and did the reset per the owner's manual.

Back