Speed Bump Bottom Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buradd

I usually take my eGolf to work alone, but today it was decided that we take my eGolf with my wife and 3 kids to the park.

Going into the park is a pretty decent (slightly oversized) speed bump with a slight uphill incline to enter the park, which was no problem going into the park.

However, leaving the park and taking the same speed bump now with a slight downhill decline, very slowly and at the same angle, it sounded like I just murdered my car scraping against the speed bump.

I know that's where the battery lies, does anyone believe there may have been some damage that needs to be inspected? It seems to be driving okay, but the sound was treacherous to my ears. A terrible half second grind-of-death noise as the middle of the car went over the peak of the speed bump.

I got underneath and couldn't really see anything that looked as bad as it sounded, but I just hope I didn't bend or poke the battery in any way.

Obviously impossible for me to know if there was any damage. I'd like to think that VW included some protection for the battery packs. I can tell you from much past experience (including with old low-clearance sports cars) that these events often sound much more damaging than they actually are.

Back