Rattle on new 2019 SEL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1815

I purchased a new 2019 e-Golf SEL Premium from a remote dealer and shipped it to my home. Comparing to my 2016 model, I love the extra range, etc. However, there is a disconcertingly loud rattle that seems to be coming from the front dash that is heard on even slightly bumpy roads. Has anyone else had such an issue? Would this be a warranty repair to pursue?

While I love the car, this rattle is driving me nuts. :roll: Any advice appreciated!

So I had a similar rattle in my 2017 GTI, sounded like it was coming from the Passenger A-Frame. I took it all apart put in some tape, and tried to make sure everything was nice and snug, but still had the rattle.

Turned out it was a pair of sunglasses in the sunglasses box up above the rear view mirror.

Moral of the story, I'd check every little compartment in the cabin of the car twice before opening up panels...

Yup, remove everything loose from the car, empty glove box and any storage to be sure.
I had a roof liner rattle that VW did fix under warranty, was a pretty painless process but I think it helped that the rattle would clearly stop if you pressed up on the roof liner.
My dealer told me rattles were only covered for one year under warranty, not sure how true that is.

I took the car to the dealer. The cause was two missing and one loose bolt on the belly pan, which was rattling against the subframe. The sound was echoing up through the dashboard area. Warranty covered all costs. It took 4 hours, but success was achieved!

Jeff4 said:
I took the car to the dealer. The cause was two missing and one loose bolt on the belly pan, which was rattling against the subframe. The sound was echoing up through the dashboard area. Warranty covered all costs. It took 4 hours, but success was achieved!

Glad to hear you got it all fixed!

Back